DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Changing Item Categories

the-manta

some things it is easy to change (well almost everything is easy but in cs easy to change), i.e. setting a clutter model as a book model would be fine and vice versa. Unfortunately you can't (reliably) set other models as weapon models... doesn't know where to put the weapon, you would in most cases have to move the weapon around in nifskope to have it in the right position so that the hand actually grabs it rather than it being in the characters feet or something weird. However it is easy to fix, just move it to the same position as a sword in nifskope, save as new file, and you're good to go, usually.

Pacific Morroiwnd

Thank you very much. Ummm... How do I do that? And what about clutter-apparel?

clutter to apparel is the other hard one... actually it is the hard one; weapons aren't hard, just a bit of extra work compared to everything else.

for clutter to weaponry conversion:

open clutter mesh in one instance of nifskope (#1)

open a vanilla weapon mesh in another instance of nifskope (#2)

in #1 right click the ninode 0 (often called scene root) and select block->copy

in #2 right click ninode 0 and select block->paste

in #2 right click the ninode for the clutter item which just got inserted, and select "transform"

in #2 now adjust those numbers to position it in the same position as the weapon mesh... close anyways, the only important part to be the same position is right where the hand grabs.

in #2, now delete everything except for ninode 0, and the inserted ninode and its subitems.

in #2 save as whatever you want

then go to the cs and select that nif as your mesh for the weapon. test and if necessary adjust that trasform slightly.

Pacific Morrowind

Thanks again, but (again with the buts) when I paste it in all that appears is a yellow dot on a stick which moves when I change the number but has no object attached to it :yes:

DOh... my mistake in the instructions:

should have been

in #1 right click the ninode 0 (often called scene root) and select block->copy branch

Pacific Morrowind

Thanks so much, have a cookie! :thumbup:

So clutter-apparel isn't really doable? It's a shame, I was going to have a staff which turned enemies' heads into pumpkins by force-equiping a non-playable piece of head-gear shaped like a pumpkin :pints:

great glad that I was able to explain it fully.

Clutter-apparel is doable... just harder EXCEPT for helmets, amulets and tails; everthing else has to have weight painting which is fairly complicated and time consuming - but still doable. for helmet:

open clutter mesh in one instance of nifskope (#1)

open a vanilla helmet mesh in another instance of nifskope (#2)

in #2 right click ninode 0 and select block->paste

in #2 right click the ninode for the clutter item which just got inserted, and select "transform"

in #2 now adjust those numbers to position it in the same position as the helmet mesh... close anyways, the only important part to be the same position is right around the neck area.

in #2, now delete everything except for ninode 0, and the inserted ninode and its subitems and the prn string. OR depending on shape leave the neck piece so as to not have a hole between body and clutter.

in #2 save as whatever you want

then go to the cs and select that nif as your mesh for the helm/clothing. test and if necessary adjust that trasform slightly or import a vanilla imperial head so as to have a neck sticking out of the bottom.

Pacific Morrowind