DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Creatures no longer detect me

Loony

Hello Again TES Alliance,

Im having a weird problem, I added a bunch of creatures around my scene in a custom faction that has playerfaction set to < 0 and while developing i tested things out a lot and the detection works great, the second they notice the player is there they pounce. Now, later in development i stand right in front of them and they dont detect me. I haven't changed anything, I only gained a lot of levels between now and then and that shouldnt matter. IF I leave the area (not the cell, just get away from the creature) and come back then he will detect me, what could be causing this?

Cheers and thanks

~D

It seems the problem was because I had too many creatures around o.O, well too many dead creatures. In my scene i have a bunch of dead versions of the creatures and for some reason their AI and junk was still running eventhough they were dead and cluttering up the ai pipeline so to speak, i cleared them up and things went back to normal

The Problem seems to persist. Particularly after loading.

Are you using a clean save?

Generally the number of usable AI slots in any one loaded scene is somewhere around 16 give or take. Anything higher than that and the excess creatures/NPCs just stand around waiting for someone to die and give up an AI slot. Dead creatures do not need AI, so you could remove their AI to free up slots.

If you corrected the issue and it has returned, I suspect a dirty save or you have somehow boosted the AI count again inadvertently and recreated the issue. :)