DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

MGE issues

Psykolabe

So, I tried to install MGE again, with all the stuff I needed, (Latest DirectX, A good video card, C++ Redistributable, etc.) And the program wont start up. I extracted everything to the morrowind directory, and upon me running the application, it says, "MGEgui has stopped working". The only place that I see that makes an error like this occur is not having a 2.0 or greater as .NET framework, and this is built right into my Vista OS.

Any ideas as to whats going on?

Also when I try to start up the morrowind launcher, I get an error that reads "This application has failed to start because d3dx9_40.dll was not found".

Help please?

Thanks guys!

I've already looked at all that, and I'm still trolling around the far edges of the internet, but I can't find anything. I did d/l everything from the nessecary linkies, and my UAC is set to off. I just don't know what to do...

Did you do a file search for that dll file on your computer. Obviously you installed in other than Program Files directory, right? and .. I'll keep thinking. (Oh, and are you using 64 bit Vista, and did you re-install DX9, I did.)

Alright, just checking here, but DirectX should go straight into the DirectX folder in Program Files right? If not there, where?

DirectX9 should have a self installer and you should not be installing it manually.

Also I checked, and I don't have the same file you have, mine is

C:\Windows\System32\D3DX9_41.dll

Nope, it's regular Vista(I'm pretty sure that Regular Vista isint 64bit).

And I turned my Heavy Duty security off too, made no difference apparentley...

it takes more than 5 minutes to actually turn it off. You have to use the Vista version of command prompt to get into it, and it creates a vulnerability that demands some vigilant firewalling. But the five minute route can help a lot.

Vista comes in 32bit and 64bit flavors, 32bit can only handle a bit less than four gig of RAM. You can easily check but Right-Clicking on your Computer icon (used to be "My Computer" in XP, it's either on your desktop or there's an entry for it in your Start Menu).

Right Click to get the Context Menu

Scroll to the bottom and choose Properties

The System screen pops up

Look down the page and find the System Type which will tell you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

SP2 enables PAE. The OS will be able to address up to 4Gigs if you've got it.

Bit old here..... but....

A 32bit O/S has 4gb of address SPACE. That means, that between what the system reserves for itself, whatever your video card has, and a few other odds and ends, it can only TOTAL up to 4gb. That is why most folks only see three and some change when they install 4gb of RAM, on a 32 bit system. 64 bit can support some truly stupid amount of address space, and I don't think anyone has come close to approaching that maximum yet.