DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Camera and Moving the player

Loony

Hello Everyone,

There's something I always wanted to do in oblivion but I can't seem to get it done. I want to be able to disable the player's controls (using disablePlayerControls or something similar) and then move him about using a script. Another thing I would want to do is to move the camera around freely to focus on something going on here or there and so forth. Unfortunately I can't seem to figure out how I can get this done. I've seen some videos where the camera seems to be controllable and in others the ability to move the player in real time (and not just use "moveTo" and have the screen go black then load again)

Any idea how I may get that done?

Thanks people

~Loony

Open the console and type in tfc then hit the enter key and exit the console. This will enter the free camera mode and using the mouse and the wasd keys you can move the camera in any direction you want to. If you go into the in game options you can change the keys that move your character and or the camera. That should allow you to move both at the same time, with a little practice.

Hey, thanks for that, I want to however disable the player's controls and move him around from point A to B and even turn his attention to a certain point using scripting. Not for myself but for my mod. I want to have the player trigger something and then for example lift the player into the sky, or move him to another point (fluidly not using jerky moveTo) and even just rotate his vision towards something....etc etc etc

Hey, thanks for that, I want to however disable the player's controls and move him around from point A to B and even turn his attention to a certain point using scripting. Not for myself but for my mod. I want to have the player trigger something and then for example lift the player into the sky, or move him to another point (fluidly not using jerky moveTo) and even just rotate his vision towards something....etc etc etc

For that you can disable the player controls and then use the setPos and rotate commands to move the player. It might be jerky though.

An alternative is to use OBSE and use holdKey to force the player to move certain directions. You can use con_TCL or con_TFC to make the player/camera fly too.

Yes, I thought of that, no matter what value you place for the Z the player eventually hits Z = 0. It happens in interior cells that have water. Even if you try to use moveTo from one cell to another cell (interior + water) the player might zone at the correct X and Y but at the Z=0 in the water. It doesn't always happen but it is not reliable.

Path nodes? Hrm, that might be the fuss. I'll give it a shot. But does there have to be a path node where the player stands?

For example, let's say I have a spell that lifts the player up and does an AoE underneath, if I do the setPos Z inside the script effect update, the player doesn't really go anywhere and occasionally topples through the ground and swims bellow :clap:

It's possible to have a pathnode wherever the player casts a spell is it?

• 2 weeks later...