DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[Relz] Daedra's Bane

Cydonian_Knight

Daedra's Bane

by Cydonian_Knight

Download

TES Alliance

TES Nexus

Name: Daedra's Bane

Version: 1.0

Date: 12/28/2009

Category: Quests

Author: Cydonian_Knight

=================

Description:

=================

After the destruction of Kvatch by Camoran the Usurper in the 2nd Era, a powerful blade was crafted and infused with strong anti-Daedric magic. Now, with Kvatch sacked yet again, and Daedra threatening all of Tamriel, the recovery of this blade from the embers of Kvatch could prove the deciding factor in the war against Mehrunes Dagon...

=================

Details:

=================

Daedra's Bane is a small quest mod with a unique sword as a reward for its completion. The inspiration and template for Daedra’s Bane is the quest “Light Through the Darkness†from Sotobrastos’ mod “Oscuro’s Oblivion Overhaulâ€. I loved the idea of a blade that grew each time a given number of a specific enemy was killed, and I wanted to create something similar for my next character, who is a Blade with a deep hatred of all things Daedric. And so, this mod was born.

The quest is meant to run concurrently with the vanilla quest, "The Battle for Castle Kvatch". You can start the quest either by talking to Mary Antonia, who can be found in the Kvatch Encampment, or by just finding the sword. You will discover the sword inside the Castle Kvatch in the Treasury room.

The sword has a chance to instantly kill any Daedra it hits. The blade keep track of how many Daedra it has killed and grows in power every 100 kills, until it reaches its maximum power at 300 kills. The kills must be made with the sword in order for it to count.

In order to get the sword, you will have to defeat two farily tough enemies. You'll need to be at least level 15 I would think. I play with a full FCOM set up though, and if you can do the vanilla Kvatch quests, you'll have absolutely no problem beating these enemies.

=================

Requirements:

=================

Oblivion 1.2.416

These last two aren't absolute requirements, but none of the dialogue in the mod is voiced. So unless you want it all to speed by very quickly, you either need to generate silent dialogue files, or use Ely's Universal Silent Voice, which requires OBSE. I would highly highly recommend using this in your game, it's very easy to set up and works with all other mods.

Oblivion Script Extender

-Homepage: http://obse.silverlock.org

Universal Silent Voice

=================

Installation

=================

1. Extract this archive to any folder and then copy the contents to Oblivion's Data

folder.

2. Start Oblivion Launcher, click Data Files, and enable the .esp file(s).

=================

Un-Installation:

=================

1. Start Oblivion Launcher, click Data Files, uncheck the .esp file(s).

2. Delete Daedra's Bane.esp and Daedra's Bane.bsa from your Data folder.

=================

Incompatibility:

=================

This mod should be compatible with all other mods.

However, if you are using a mod that rebuilds Kvatch, such as "Kvatch Rebuilt" or "Kvatch Aftermath", you might not be able to access the new room I have added in Kvatch Castle's Great Hall after the city is rebuilt. To avoid this, just make sure that you get the sword while you are doing the vanilla quest, "The Battle for Castle Kvatch".

=================

Known Issues:

=================

None that I know of.

=================

=================

You can find me as Cydonian_Knight on both the Bethsoft Forums and on TESAlliance.

If you have any questions or comments, or if you would like my support, please contact me there. I will not give much support on TES Nexus.

=================

Credits:

=================

Thanks to Bethesda for creating Oblivion.

Adonnay for the sword’s model and textures

Hel Borne for the Display Counter resource

AlienSlof for the Mythic Dawn Robes

Trollf for the Daedric Staff and the Gold Daedric Armor

Jannix Quinn for the Elite Kvatch Armor

DaMage for fixing some mesh issues and being all-around very helpful

Sotobrastos for OOO, in particular for the quest and weapon "Light of Dawn", which inspired this mod.

Nottlong for beta testing.

Everyone at TESAlliance for being a great, extremely helpful community and for teaching me how to mod.

Thanks to InsanitySorrow for his ReadMe Generator this file is based on.

If I failed to mention you for something and I should have, please let me know and I will include you as soon as possible, so sorry.

=================

Tools Used:

=================

Insanity's ReadMe Generator

Elderscrolls Construction Set

TES4Gecko

TES4Files

=================

Licensing/Legal:

=================

You must contact me and obtain my permission before re-packaging any part of this mod. If I do not respond within 2 weeks, feel free to do whatever you like with this mod.

I did not create any of the resources used in this mod, so ask the actual authors before using anything included in this mod in your own projects!