DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Spell Effects on Creatures without Damage

Loony

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if it is possible to have a spell effect on a creature without having him suffer the damage. For example lets say I want to make a fire based creature, after retexturing him I realized he would look a lot better if he were on fire. Adding fire nodes to the creature however is a headache (tutorial anyone?) so I opted for the next best thing, having him continuously have a fire damage spell on him.

I tried many approaches, i tried creating an ability with fire damage set to 0 magnitude, i tried creating it with another fire shield ability, i tried scripting the creature to cast a fire effect on himself every second and I am about to try having an object (his parent) cast the spell instead (since he cant really move).

None of these methods gave me any visual results. Does anyone know any way I can actually get this done? Is there anyway I can just apply the effect through a script or something?

Cheers

~Loony

Effects are creatures are NOT done by casting spells, rather you use the Effect Shaders instead.

1) Create an Ability that has only has a scripted effect, make sure its an ability.

2) Make alittle script which will play the correct Effect shader on the creature, example shown below:

Scriptname PlayEffecShader

Begin ScriptEffectStart
PlayMagicShaderVisuals effectAtronachFlame
End

Begin ScriptEffectFinish
StopMagicShaderVisuals effectAtronachFlame
Bnd[/code]

[b]3)[/b] Set it up so the scritpt effect Range is Self and 0 duration.