DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Creatures can take objects

Joben

I don't know if this is well known or much thought of, but Creatures can take objects from the game world and put them in their inventory.

I wrote a very silly script for an Easter Egg that takes advantage of this.

This script is attached to a fake Amulet Of Kings in the dog's inventory.

It starts when the dog dies and the player takes the amulet.

scn SRJdoggieAmuletSCRIPT

Begin OnAdd Player

messagebox "The dog known as Rusty is the real ruler of Tamriel. Give him his amulet back please. Just drop it and he will find it. I know he looks dead, just do it."

END

begin OnDrop Player

SRJemilyDogREF.Resurrect 1

SRJemilyDogREF.addscriptpackage SRJdoggietakeback ;A simple Find package with the amulet as a specific target

end

Begin OnAdd SRJemilyDogREF

Messagebox "Rusty says thanks."

end

This could be turned to something much more reasonable.

For example with a little more work you could probably make a dog that plays Fetch.

Something like this maybe added to the ball item:

Begin OnAdd Dog

dog.addscriptpackage [find player]

end

and on the dog:

OnpackageEnd [find player]

dog.removeitem Ball 1

player.additem Ball 1

End

CM Partners companions all loot for you, I have not seen many pets doing it. It was only my list for my pet shop but I thought it was to far fecthed for a pet to be looting, I do plan to add fecthing into v1 (whenever that is). You just have to make sure the item the animal is retrieving has either no owner or player owned so you avoid the issue Will mentioned above.

Tis fun, should be implemented more often :D