DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPz-RELz] Insanity's Detailed Normal Maps

InsanitySorrow

Insanity's Detailed Normal Maps

Visual Enhancement for All

Current Version: 0.1

Download: FO3 Nexus

Description:

Detailed Normal Maps is my take on enhancing the Fallout 3 vanilla normal maps to increase visual quality. The great thing about normal maps is they allow for additional detail to shine through, while at the same time having less impact on the system than creating higer resolution textures.

The aim for this project is to slowly enhance all the normal maps to bring some additional detail to the visuals, while I am trying to get the most amount of detail possible I am keeping the lower/mid range systems in mind and refraining from creating high res normal maps. Where possible I have kept the exact same normal map size as the vanilla ones.

You should not notice a hit to the FPS, through my testing I have not noticed any.

Currently Enhanced:

Hand 2 Hand

• -Brass Knuckles
  • -Spiked Knuckles
  • -Death Claw Gauntlet
  • -Power Fist

2 Hand Melee

• -Baseball Bat (Clean and Dirty)
  • -Pool Cue
  • -Sledge Hammer
  • -Super Sledge
  • -Nail Board