DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIP] Varlasel

Vouivre

Unfortunately I'm not great at making everything all neat, clean and "formal" but here goes.

Varlasel, in the ayleidoon tongue it means hall of stars. Well this home is as close to the stars as you can get while on land. Located near the infamous dive rock, careful consideration and placement of the mod was taken into consideration. First some current screen shots.

Secret Entrance to the true home. Now with twinkle lights!

Garden on the first floor.

Another Garden Shot

Outside shot

Approaching the grounds of the home

Random hallway on first level. it IS intended to be very dark and lit only by candles.

Throne room first floor, before cases were added.

Bowls compiments of Meo's ayleid clutter YES they are expensive... it's reasonable.

New Nocturnal Statue

Ok, now for the major details.

First level one is meant to be incredibly dark. I planned on making it much darker, but just decided to illuminate the rooms much better. A torch maybe needed on the first floor in the hallways. No ambiant lighting was used in the rooms not the hallways. The layout is an homage to the videogame that got me hooked. Also, there is a small trick to opening the secret wall. If you played Dragon Warrior 1 you'll already know. (behind the throne.) I made it somewhat challenging to trigger it, but the benefits are well worth it.

The main mod itself is a very massive ayleid home. The throne room alone is enormous. I never thought it would be so big, until it got to the size it is now. I may in time fill it with more clutter but for now, it's keeping fairly low. This level and the first level is done. Outside near the entrance is done. Will speak on this part next.

The exterior of the home, is by far the best spot for a home. A very high peak, with dive rock not far away. About an inch on the map, a large distance really if you look at it. To the east you can see the sun rise, I put a couple benches here. To the west the same, also put statues to each main focal point. North, south east west. Each statue has candles on it, about... 10-12 each. The benches are put there, because let's face with with godrays, and OGE the view is absolutely beautiful.

Next up are the other additions.

First there is a whole cell dedicated to the companions, 10 large rooms which will have double beds (two person per bed). Each room will be furnished and lit up with candles or other forms of lighting. There is also a dining hall which is also connected to the living quarters of the PC. The Living quarters will have it's own as well... consider the hall like a "fuction" or party hall. Plenty of room for dancing semi intentional for now. May add more here later.

The living quarters will include personal garden to sit in and enjoy the beauty of it. It'll contain a pool and several other things. Probably also a personal stash area, as well as a door to your own massive treasury, with plans to support the armor mannequins.

There will be a magic hall, with teleporters to the halls and the academy, as well as spell making, enchanting, and a alchemy station and several gardens. Also possibly a route to you're own tower maybe even a floating one, should I figure out where to put and how to do that.

A fighting hall with dummies and a very long hall for archery. See how far you can shoot your target, this is best used with the training dummy mods, which i won't be adding into. However the training dummies will be there, as well as your own armory, and alot of weapon racks. This will also be in your treasury

I do plan on making this eventually and somehow cobl compatible/ready. As well as eventually adding obse fuctions in, this will only occur when I learn the scripting needed to accomplish this. All in all the mod already is about 20% completed including clutter. The other 80% is building the other floors and then filling them, a daunting task and very time consuming. Alpha testing can happen now, just only the first floor and walking around the second floor will be possible. Soon the companion quarters will be available to be roamed around in. Believe me, these rooms are ungodly huge. for companions. 3/3 tiles more than big enough.

Wow, a definite piece of work here V, and it seems to be a definite place to be when it comes to the "deep" characters. Looking foward to see this progress beautifully! :eyeroll:

Loving the new statue by the way! And all the wonderful amenities sound like a big ball o' fun too.

Thanks, I have a feeling, that this will probably turn into a much larger mod than I anticipate. Probably adding more ayleid things, but moreso, a whole story on the previous owner and maybe a lot of nice spells, weapons armor and perhaps a quest to a new domain.

From what I've seen, and understand, this has alot of really sweet potential, and even if it ends up being only a home, it's still going in my load order.

The whole quest thing sounds exciting, especially for something like this :eyeroll:

Thanks, I'll draft of a story after when i get home from college tomorrow.

how did you get the clean walls? I have a modders resource, but cant seem to find out how to use them

I used Ceano's resources and nifscope.

I opened up nifscope after putting the files in where I wanted them into the Oblivion/Data/Meshes and Oblivion/Data/Textures directories. I made sub files for each one, keeping it organized. Then once in nifscope, I went through each file(took me 8 hours to go through each file and took what I wanted to use) adding the textures as I went. I personally like the stone_07 texture. Gives a very nice smooth stone look. Basically you pull up a nif file, then right click on the texture, then to the choose and go to the file with the textures. Click Save as, then go to the file where your mod is, and save as the name you want. I use Varla at the front of all files. Except for the clutter and tapestries. It's not hard once you do it a couple times(or several hundred files later)

• 2 weeks later...

A very important update, Varlasel is very close to having it's first beta/alpha release. The magi hall is slowly being assembled as we speak. The biggest problem I think that I had with how to do the teleporting issue I believe I can resolve easily. It will only be one way from the home to mage guilds. Cheap trick as it maybe it is currently the only way in which I would be able to do this. There will be future patches, which will most likely be adding clutter to certain areas mostly the combat hall, as well as the magic hall. Others would include making the "smith" section of the combat hall boost your armorer skill while you're in the area so you can repair items.