DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The 'Fringe' thread

grond

Never watched...??? :rolleyes: O man, the early X-Files had me enthralled. The trouble was, they'd have the alien storyline but hit on it every 3-4 weeks, and between them they'd just have various weirdos doing bad things. Unrelated.

With Fringe it's the same kind of idea, but everything weird that happens is part of the Pattern, and can be traced back to what Walter and Bell began in the 70s. I like that, and I don't find it trite. Some might though. :)XD

I have to disagree with you there, but I suppose it's more of a matter of taste than anything else.

No way!! :) Not so fast!! XD Tell me why!!! :) :)

I favor Fringe because I think Olivia's hotter than Skully. :D Tell me why you favor the X-files, or no :rolleyes: for you.

No way!! :noway: Not so fast!! :hugs: Tell me why!!! :grr::)

I favor Fringe because I think Olivia's hotter than Scully. :D Tell me why you favor the X-files, or no :P for you.

Every time I hear Anna Torv's voice, I picture Nariko from Heavenly Sword. But that's not the reason why I think the X-Files was better.

While, yes, not all episodes were absolutely canon to the overall plot (with the aliens and the Smoking Man), most of the episodes were quirky and fun, and you didn't need to watch from the beginning of the series to understand what was going on, especially between Mulder and Scully. The nearly all of the recurring characters, not just Mulder and Scully, but the Lone Gunmen, Mitch Peleggi's character, etc., were well thought out.

As for Fringe, while I think they've flushed out most of the characters enough, they only just started to have Astrid seem more human (middle of season 2, see the Stomach Worm episode) rather than a female Peter who just happens to know about such and such for that particular episode.

Also, I'm a little peeved that they killed off Big Head.

AKA Charlie.

:noway: No wonder then! I was going to write that she could have done the voice acting! I like to listen to Anna ( as subdued, constrained Olivia ) talk. I'm beginning to understand your issues! I formed no connection with Charlie, though. So when he - you know - instead of deep disappointment, my thoughts were - wow, that Torv gal does a great fight scene! Very believable! :P:hugs:

I might need to find a console so I can play Heavenly Sword. PS3, right?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Despite this award, Fringe is on its way out, it seems....it's moving to Fridays, ostensibly to strengthen that night's line-up ( :woohoo: ) and to make room for the extremely thought-provoking 'American Idol' ( we need two days a week of that show! We do! ).

Here's a petition link from Hulu, where I've been for the past hour :wicket: reading truly geeky theories.

As many of you know, our precious Fringe is on the verge of cancelation. This has made many angry and pledging to boycott FOX if they do cancel the show. Now you may be asking yourself, "What can I do?" Good thing you asked, because that's exactly what we need. Right now, there is an online petition going on to try to save our dear Fringe. All you need to do is enter your name and email address (your email address can remain private if you so choose) and you will save an amazing show. Right now we have a little over 18,000 pledges and while that is great, it's not enough. We need you and all Fringe fans to sign. The link is...

http://www.petitiononline.com/FringeTV/petition.html

Please help us save fringe!

In the meantime, what are your thoughts on our heroine's present personal conundrum?

After returning to find that Peter and "Olivialt" had had 'relations', our Olivia has removed herself from her and Peter's growing romance. She believes that Peter should have known that Olivia wasn't our Olivia.

It's a very interesting twist on the 'other woman', isn't it. :wicket: Do you find her reasons to be legitimate? Or should she have a drink and try to see Peter's side?

The next episode doesn't air until 1/21. :woot:

I like to refer to her as "Bolivia" or Bad Olivia. :D

I don't know, maybe it's because I, like Olivia, am a female, that I sympathize with her much more. There were differences between Olivia and Bolivia - notably their personalities (and photographic memory or lack thereof, but Bolivia seemed to hide that pretty well). Bolivia was much more bold and took action much quicker than Olivia would normally. Peter even noted those changes in her personality but chalked it up to the events.

I was a little bothered that no one else in that reality noticed that she acted differently, but then again, I don't think they wanted to think she wasn't their Olivia and maybe looked at everything through rose-colored glasses. Still not a good excuse, though.