DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

NWShader

peachykeen

This is a project I've been working on for roughly the last week (plus a few days). In essence, it's MGE rewritten for Neverwinter Nights.

If you have any familiarity with Morrowind Graphics Extender, it upgraded Morrowind's features to use modern hardware. With it, Morrowind can compete with games like STALKER and Crysis for visual quality. One particular example:

Before MGE: http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/1874/screenshot3fq.png

With MGE: http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/4926/mgescreenshot5.png

(both from this post)

Backstory: One day, I was playing NWN. It's an amazing game, but could certainly use some of MGE's features, so I whipped out some code I have to hook DirectX, turned it on, and.... nothing happened. I soon learned NWN uses OpenGL, that wonderful alternative to DirectX that I had absolutely no experience with. So after a 2-day crash course in how to program for OpenGL, I started in on this. After many failures, breakages, and other bad things, I have a semi-working (at least on my system) copy. I've been putting in more features as I can make them, and getting things working better. At the moment, I don't have enough testers to help fix things, so I'm looking for people with NWN, willing to try and run it once a day (you don't even have to play XD).

However, OpenGL varies a lot by system. I need help testing, and making sure it's compatible. I'm not asking for help developing it, just testers!

All you need to own is a copy of Neverwinter Nights. NWShader should work with any version, but I can only test on the Diamond Edition.

The current demo copy is here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/nwshader/files/

Along with a few screenshots of it running in NWN. I have it working on my system, I just need to make sure it works for everyone else.

The copy on SF is just an extract-and-run version (or should be).

This (and NWN itself) requires OpenGL to run. Preferably version 2.0 or better. You can get an OpenGL caps viewer if you don't know, but if you have a Radeon 9600 or better, or the GeForce equivalent from that year (I need to look up exactly what that is) you should be fine. Any video card from 2002 on should work with most of the features.