DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Quest questions

Vouivre

I'm finally working on the quest for my ayleid home so players can find it after doing a little bit of a hunt. What triggers it is the person has to sleep first. The overall outline is this.

Player sleeps and has a dream. They then have to go to cheydinhal

Once there they'll find a letter in the cemetary

The letter leads them south

This leads to Nocturnal's shrine and get another letter

This brings them to Asura's shrine and another letter

This letter will lead them to dive rock, from there they'll have to travel higher up in the mountain(the summit)

Once arriving near the marker another journal entry comes speaking of how the location is unlike other fanes

When they reach the door and get the key and a letter, they're now the owner of Varlasel.

When they enter they'll comment about it not seeming much and need to explore further

Then once past the secret entrance they'll discover the full home itself. And the quest here ends at stage 100

My question is(probably redundant) is this. How do I make the letters be parts of the quest in the quest stages, but also how when the player picks them up/activates(upon first getting it and opening) the quest progresses. The second part is the locations. When they arrive at the grounds for the home (mapmarker radius) how do I post a trigger for it to go to the next stage. Then the same for inside and the secret entrance when the player enters the "true" home.

There are more ways to do it. One would be that you put script like this on letters:

scn letter1 script

Begin gamemode

If getstage MyQuest >= n

enable

Else

disable

Endif

End

Begin OnEquip

If getstage MyQuest == n

setstage MyQuest to (n+1)

Endif

End
For your second question, answer is also simple - script like this attached on some activator item:
scn gettherescript

Begin Gamemode

If getstage MyQuest == n

If getdistance player <= 750

setstage MyQuest to (n+1)

Endif

Endif

End