DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Torches help

spicydeath82

Hi i can't seem to find the torches in the CS for some reason, i would think they'd be under items>misc items but they don't seem to be in the lists.....

what i'm doing is making a special torch that thieves can buy from a fence, they have no flame, but still use up your left hand/wrist slot(so no shield) and they have constant effect night eye while equipped, the more enhanced version will include detect life as well.

Standard torches are a bane on thieves and assassins since they make you visible, my torch will allow you to see, but still lose the use of the left hand while it's equipped keeping it balanced.

i just need to view the vanilla torches and see how they set them up, weight, and i may even use their timing script so the thieve's torch will "Burn" up.... any body know where they are keeping them?

hi, i'm trying to make a torch for thieves, it has no flames, but it adds a night eye effect when it's equipped.

my issue is how do i add the night eye ability when you equip the torch? i know i have to use a script.

this is what i was gonna try:

scn aaSDnighteyeSCR ;Script name

Begin OnActorEquip aaSDthievesTorch01 ;mycustom torch

AddSpell aaSDnighteye ;my custom ability

End

this script is set to object, should it be set to a spell? see anything wrong with it?

another issue i have is that when i try to place my torch in a cell for testing purposes it causes a CTD... i don't know why..

here's a pic of it's settings

torchy.th.jpg

it CTD even with no script attached to it... could it be my settings?

Edited by spicydeath82

Yeah that's pretty much it if you already have your custom spell setup. Something like

scn aaSDTorchScript

Ref Holder

Begin OnEquip

Set Holder to GetContainer
Holder.AddSpell aaSDthievestorchEnc01

End

Begin OnUnequip

Set Holder to GetContainer ;Ref's get cleared by the save/load process, so you'll want to reset it
Holder.RemoveSpell aaSDthievestorchEnc01

End[/code]

You'd need to add a timer etc. if you wanted the torch to "burn out".

If it's causing a crash without a script attached chances are there's a problem with your custom torch NIF. If you post the file here we can take a look for you.

Good Luck,

WT

nah the nifs fine cause i tested it also as a club type weapon and it had no issues. i think it's my settings for it as a torch, cause it's a torch you carry but i don't want flames... i may have to set it as a shield type item (that'd be the wrist slot right?)