DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Fallout 3 Mods

Beana

Which mods do you think are must-haves for Fallout? After seeing all the lovely screenies of late for Fallout 3 I have decided to have a go at in install on my pc. Any extra advise too on anything related to a Fallout 3 install would be wonderful too since the only computer game I have installed with mods is OB... so this is gonna be new for me :evil: Also for Mr.Beans sake is Fallout compatible with the Microsoft xbox 360 controller? I have no problem using the computer, I prefer it but he refuses to use the keyboard :cookie4u:

:rofl:

This is my current install of Fallout and should give you a few things to look at.One I find essential is KTs Centercamera which puts the camera in a more "Oblivion" viewpoint.

[X] Fallout3.esm

[X] Anchorage.esm

[X] ThePitt.esm

[X] BrokenSteel.esm

[X] PointLookout.esm

[X] Zeta.esm

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod.esm

[X] StreetLights.esm

[X] DarNifiedUIF3.esp

[X] KTs_Centercamera.esp

[X] Fellout-Full.esp

[X] Fellout-Anchorage.esp

[X] Fellout-BrokenSteel.esp

[X] Fellout-PointLookout.esp

[X] Fellout-pipboylight.esp

[X] DCInteriors_ComboEdition.esp

[X] Hi-Res Weapons & Ammo Textures.esp

[X] Hi-Res Weapons & Ammo Textures - The Pitt.esp

[X] EVE Beta_0.9.4.esp

[X] EVE Operation Anchorage.esp

[X] Tailor Maid.esp

[X] Tailor Maid Black Retex.esp

[X] Tailor Maid Anchorage.esp

[X] Tailor Maid PITT.esp

[X] Tailor Maid Brokensteel.esp

[X] Tailor Maid ZETA.esp

[X] Arwen_VisionFX.esp

[X] Slower Degradation (-50%).esp

[X] CustomHome - byCaesarRulez.esp

[X] Rename Items.esp

[X] Blank's Magic Hand - Type B - Bracers.esp

[X] The Groovatron.esp

[X] Greenerworld.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Anchorage.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC The Pitt.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Broken Steel.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Point Lookout.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Zeta.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - Natural Selection.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - Hunting & Looting.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - Zones Respawn.esp

[X] NotSoFast.esp

Beana, I can confirm that the 360 controller works fine with FO3-the game supports it without need of any third party gamepad dealies like X-Padder, etc. :cookie4u: I used the controller in FO3 initially, but as soon as the first pose mods were released, I kicked it to the curb so I could use the console for toggling menus and the flying camera more easily.

It's a very entertaining game, with lots of atmosphere. I use quite a few mods on Stoney's list, and can especially recommend the Tailor Maid series, Groovatron, and DC Interiors. Those are three favorites of mine.

One tiny mod I love is this one: Vault 101 Exit Cancel. At the end of the storyline/tutorial dungeon, you have one more chance to tweak your character's appearance and stats before heading out the door, but after doing so you aren't given a chance to cancel out and examine your character's appearance in third person- you're out the door and that's that. This small mod gives you that second chance, just like at the end of the sewers in Oblivion. Not a big deal for many, as you can always use the console, but I like to minimize my use of that.

Thank you Stoney and Greenie! I cant wait to have a look at some of the ones there on your list. Yevic too I cant wait to see what you have!!

I am pretty excited to get this going!!! I am assuming the install process is a lot like that of ob?

I only have 2 gigs of ram here, and my game generally runs very smoothly, so no. But I've read good things about it. My advice would be to see how your game runs with all of the mods you want in place. Many people have remarked that Fallout 3 runs better, at higher settings than they were used to with Oblivion, than Oblivion ever did. In my experience, this is true- it "feels" more optimized. However, I also run less than 100 mods, and I don't run MMM- so my game is probably considered pretty light as these things go.

I should change the name of this thread to beans fallout questions :rofl:

Ok so I have figured out that I can't access the console. I bought the game from D2D and the pluggy that I found to use requires FOSE. Now in FOSE's readme it says it will not work with versions bought from D2D. Do you guys have any idea how I can create a work around?

:D

It's not an issue with DLC, rather how they have protected the EXE file, here is a quote from the FOSE site:

FOSE does not support:

Retail DVD and Steam build 1.0.0.12 (the original pre-patch version of Fallout) - if you have this version, update to 1.7.0.3

Russian DVD version of Fallout 3 (it uses Starforce encryption on Fallout3.exe)

Direct2Drive version of Fallout 3 (it encrypts the Fallout3.exe) - download the game from Steam if you would like to use a digital download service

Polish DVD version of Fallout 3 (it uses SafeDisc copy protection on Fallout3.exe)

• 3 months later...

Edit: :grr: I just noticed the dates on the last posts. Does this count as a necro post?

Mmm, I haven't seen anyone mention FOOK2, but that's my main mod. I have had very few crashes and just hit level 30 a couple of days ago coming out of The Pitt. :P

The main crash I seem to have is when someone, enemy or friend uses a minigun, or at least that's what it sounds like just before the CTD. I can reload the same area though with no problems.

I know overhauls aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I'm an FCOM devotee in Oblivion as well. :rofl:

Anyway, this is my current load order. It's small since FOOK2 has just about everything else..

[X] Fallout3.esm

[X] Lings.esm

[X] Anchorage.esm

[X] ThePitt.esm

[X] BrokenSteel.esm

[X] PointLookout.esm

[X] Zeta.esm

[X] Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esm

[X] CALIBR.ESM

[X] FOOK2 - Main.ESM

[X] FOOK2 - [DIK] DLC Improvement Kit.ESM

[X] DCInteriors_ComboEdition.esm