DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPZ] DZ Disease Overhaul

Dane

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should I use third person or First person messages

• Third person
    • First Person
    • Else (please tell in reply)

You've made great progress! What kind of quality levels are you planning and what kind improvement method will you use? I'm working on a sunburn relieving potion so that may go with realistic healing. Cure Disease spells could be overhauled too, it shouldn't be very difficult. If it's in a spell form you could make it ease all diseases a little bit(by using a quest script to keep track of what diseases you have and toggle between different levels of the diseases). Will Porphyric Hemophilia and Astral Vapor medicines be specific? I don't know if there's a mod that makes diseases become more severe over time, but I could help you do that too. :cookie4u:

well im making 5 quality-levels

1: Lowest 90% -80% chance of failing

2: Low 80%-65% chance of failing

3: Normal 65%-40% chance of failing

4: High about 40-25% chance of failing

5: Perfect 25%-0% of failing

the chance to fail will be lower when your restoration/alchemy is higher (not sure about that)

and cure disease spells will be really expensive to buy and cast

the normal already ingame potions will be replaced by the Low quality because they're pretty much everywhere

the lowest quality will be rare because i see them as "spoiled" and will be handplaced in the world

I might even add a quest to get a cure-all disease potion (this will use the regular cure disease effect and is for mod compatability only)

the Rare potions will only be sold by vendors for a lot of money or if you're really lucky you can find them in chests

I'm also planning on getting healers in the chapels to cure your diseases for a price and if your fame is higher than your infamy

Edited by DaneZ

That's cool, I thought maybe it's even possible to make cure potions improve the symptoms, like the diseases have stages. So for example when you have the Colliwobbles, you start out with the vanilla effect, but it will get more severe over time, so cure potions will have a higher success rate but only cure one stage. High quality cure potions could cure several stages and lower would need more cure potions to cure one stage. If you act quickly enough after being infected, you can get rid of the disease with relative ease. This will however need custom disease stages made, which I'm more than happy to do. Or we can simply use an obse command to temporarily manipulate the magnitudes of the effects and reset them after the disease has been cured (This will be a more compatible solution).

Edit: I always thought the vampirism disease should really incapacitate you for several days if you don't act quickly. It's killing you after all. And have an extra incubation stage after "Dying" too.

Edited by Dominic

i must look into the multiply effect thingey of OBSE but for now im going to concentrate on the base

any ideas are welcome :)

EDIT: im thinking of adding the blight disease from morrowind any opinions?

EDIT2: im thinking of stopping working on this mod because i found out Vector does the same thing i want to do and more (+ its mod compatible)

EDIT3: Ive stopped working on this mod temporarily because i couldnt get motivated anymore after i found vector...

to be continued...

EDIT3: im not stopping the mod i will work on it till the base is finished and if i feel like finishing the rest i will do that too :D

Edited by DaneZ

i thoguht so yes but thats something i dont really like about it :cookie:

but im taking a little brake and in 5 days or more i will continue (ill have more ideas by that time)

EDIT: and once again i changed my plan im working on it now

i still need to do the spells should i make a lot of spells for each disease or 1 spell for all disease with a large fail chance?

Edited by DaneZ

ive got a request,

i need dialogue written for someone who is seeking for a cure to vampirism but finds it for every other disease lame story i know but if you know of a better story you can suggest it here

well if you could it would be very nice

but progress will be slow i got some big RealLife problems i'm worried sick about :)

EDIT: RL stuff fixed :)

back working on the mod

Edited by DaneZ