DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Mods you wished to create, but you haven't

ZuTheSkunk

Intention of this topic is to share our ideas of mods we wished to create and even started to do so, but from various reasons we left that idea in either unfinished or just "wild" state.

For me, I remember only one such project. The major idea of this mod was to make a big home for player, created in his own mind with usage of powerful Daedric artifact from Vaermina - The Mindwalker's Guide. The great feature of this mod was that the home automatically expands itself with player's progress through the game, adding places dedicated to finished quests and entire questlines (in the form of memorials of those) - some sort of achievement gained for completing them. So if you have finished the questline of Dark Brotherhood, then your home would expand itself with a copy of Cheydinhal's sanctuary, with reminiscences of once killed members of the Family. Every killed (quest-important) person would be left in the Hall of Fallen as a statue on pedestal, a souvenir from your journeys (aside of other things). And furthermore, the entire place would be more or less solid and big, depending on how much Willpower and Intelligence you have (because it's created in your own mind, and you must have enough skill to keep it big and stable).

Why I haven't created it? Reasons are simple: lack of skills and afflatus. The only remnant of this idea is a small mod with rather not much finished beginning of the main quest, where we have a strange cave with odd smell and undead, surprisingly strong wolf standing at the end of this cave, able to trap us by flames blocking our way and to summon ghosts of wolves lying around, a remains of strange things that happened here.

How about your unfinished ideas?

'boy ... about a hundred? I could list the one recent ^^

Bounty Hunter/Hunting

Easy enough. Was thinking of making a sweet armor set, a dagger/knife and such. Then I was planning to make a bounty hunting guild. Where you, as the player, would do everything from exploring to capturing renowned thieves and bandits. Either alive or dead, by using some kind of scripted ranged weapon I believe?

I sketched this idea when I noticed I got no clue how to make armor pieces, I got no idea how the set should look, and I doubt I got the patience to make a whole freakin' guild ^^

Alchemy

Okay. On most games I've always been a fan of alchemy. You know, creating potion which is unique. Either something which damages, or something which buffs you?

So, I kinda wanted to make all new effects. I mean ... the potions in Oblivion is rather dull.

The first idea was to make a potion which would release a deadly gas when someone got close to it a set ammout of time after it was dropped. The problem here was the script, and getting a decent posion-gas texture. I got some glowy, greeny, thing out of it.

Secondly I wanted a potion which, well, could be used as a bomb. Again, particle texture and the script got me off-guard.

Samus Aran/dark Samus

Sorry, I am a metroid fan. Like a REAL metroid fan =/

This is actually a project I am colelcting references for and stuff at the moment.

It is easy. Create the suit Samus got, or dark samus, and add the beam weapon. Then make the beam weapon shoot the same kind of stuff that it does in Metroid 1. My favourite must be the Wave beam. Basically 3 orbs flying in a pattern toward a target. Electric when on impact.

My problem here is the armor, getting reference for her weapon, the beams and of course: the bloody script. Oh, and perhaps how to make the player shoot beams out of the gun when the press the attack button( LMB?) instead of the normal "hit" animation.

That's it ^^

Cheers,

Matth

Following an idea I read about years ago, I wanted to make Cyrodiil twice the size it is. :D Move the cities out as far as I could ( mesogea style! ) and have a journey from Bruma to Anvil last at least half a day in real time.

It could be done, too. ;)

I wanted to make more Oblivion realms for variety. The same old 4 or 5 got very boring after a while of closing every gate I came across.

I also have a mostly done 'Heavenly Pleasures' mod on the waterfront with dancing girls (and boys) which I never finished.

For me, I remember only one such project. The major idea of this mod was to make a big home for player, created in his own mind with usage of powerful Daedric artifact from Vaermina - The Mindwalker's Guide. The great feature of this mod was that the home automatically expands itself with player's progress through the game, adding places dedicated to finished quests and entire questlines (in the form of memorials of those) - some sort of achievement gained for completing them. So if you have finished the questline of Dark Brotherhood, then your home would expand itself with a copy of Cheydinhal's sanctuary, with reminiscences of once killed members of the Family. Every killed (quest-important) person would be left in the Hall of Fallen as a statue on pedestal, a souvenir from your journeys (aside of other things). And furthermore, the entire place would be more or less solid and big, depending on how much Willpower and Intelligence you have (because it's created in your own mind, and you must have enough skill to keep it big and stable).

eeeum...

I've read through this a few times, could I use this idea? because i really like it and in the near future i've got a lot of time left

Wow... so many...

--- A criminal guild in the Shivering Isles (something like thieves guild or Dark Brotherhood)... I was planning to make a quest in which the player would choose to join a gang of dissident golden saints or dark seducers that smuggles felldew and greenmote from Mania to dementia. There would be assassination, theft and felldew/greenmote smuggling quest stages. I have even created a dungeon

My link

But I have given up the idea after a while. If someone feels interested in doing something with what I have accomplished, just feel free to do so.

There is also Araenya Episode 2

It was kind of... hummm... 95% accomplished, then all of a sudden I´ve got a chance for a new job and... well... you all understand what that means:I have retired from modding for a while!!!

Edited by Leodoidao

1. Khettifying all the stock houses (most notably Arborwatch). I had themes and such planned out for every one. However, Benirus Manor by itself has required so much in the way of support and updates and patches that I'm not sure I have it in me to do more. Maybe one day, since Greenie wants it. :lmao:

2. A place-able tether post. The player drops the token, the token vanishes and a static tether post moveto's to the player, and if the last ridden horse is nearby, that horse travels to the tether and stays there no matter what the player does (fast-travel etc...). Apparently there is no way to "clear" the "last ridden horse", however, which would be the only way to stop the horse from fast-traveling with the player. I tried a few ways around it. The only way that worked was to copy the horse and have a dummy take its place, but then there was really nothing to stop the player from just taking off on the dummy horse again, soo.... blargh. Note that the point of this was to do it without modifying any of the horses themselves - otherwise this would have been a lot easier. I'm still stewing on it. I'm probably just not seeing an obvious solution.

3. A portable Cobl sorter. Literally, equip a token, up comes the Cobl sorter menu, bam, done. Just plain didn't work when I tried my usual tricks, and I'm not quite savvy enough with scripts yet to better than half-follow Cobl scripts, and I'd need to understand better how they work to try more. And when I saw that Tekuromoto couldn't quite get it to work either, it made me think that perhaps it's just not really possible.

4. Apply the Anvil Morning Glory flowers to the walls of every city, with toggle switches to choose colors. I never finished because it's just so tedious to place them all just so, and then there will be having to deal with parenting all these packed-in duplicate objects... I finished the purple glories in Cheydinhal, and that was all I could sit still for. :)

I've read through this a few times, could I use this idea? because i really like it and in the near future i've got a lot of time left

If you want to try, feel free. Personally, I'll probably never get enough self-denial to do something that big. :) Especially if I'm mostly unable to create good locations from scratch (make already existing ones better - yes, but not totally new).

There are hundreds of mods I wished to create but haven't... I think I'll restrict myself to those I actually started working on.

1. Better Imperial Palace District

I've always wanted a Palace District that seemed like a lot of political stuff is going on around there, and that looked really imposing and magnificent. Basically, I wanted there to be government buildings, embassies, maybe some sort of representation of the various guilds mentioned in the lore. After adding all that, I would've gathered a team to make some quests revolving around the new buildings - political quests, where Council members, influential noblemen and ambassadors of other provinces intrigue against each other. I still have this picture in my head of making an assassination of a Council member somewhere in the Arena... either while he's watching a fight, or at night in the bloodworks after luring him there with the promise of making it worth his while.

2. Thieves Guild Jobs

I've always hated the Independent Thievery aspect of the Thieves Guild. Stealing items can be fun, but doing it because there's a quest for it is so much MORE fun. I mean I really enjoyed Thievery in the Imperial City, even though many of the jobs were something I could have done without a quest. There weren't multiple stages or anything, just "steal this and that from this and that location". However, there was dialogue involved afterwards and before, and journal entries, AND it was part of a questline. That's what made it fun.

So what I wanted to do was to create some Thieves Guild hideouts in the major cities, or maybe even in a village/inn outside in the wilderness, and add a questline for each of these locations. Nothing special - really only quests like the ones from Thievery in the IC or from the Morrowind Thieves Guild.

The twist would be that stealing an item as part of a quest would also count towards your Independent Thievery, and that by a larger percentage than if you were simply selling them (because the quest giver would already have a client). The ultimate goal would be to completely get rid of the Independent Thievery aspect by offering a cool alternative.

There were others, but these are the ones that come to my mind right now because I really like the idea behind them, and I might someday get back to working on them.

4. Apply the Anvil Morning Glory flowers to the walls of every city, with toggle switches to choose colors. I never finished because it's just so tedious to place them all just so, and then there will be having to deal with parenting all these packed-in duplicate objects... I finished the purple glories in Cheydinhal, and that was all I could sit still for. :)

You could place and parent one lot of flowers, then use OBSE to swap out the model with another version with the different colour. Infact OBSE 19 will allow swapping of textures, so you'll be able to directly swap the colours.

It would problably be tedious scripting each model texture to change depending on the amount of flowers you have, but it'll be a lot quick than placing multiple copies of the flowers in different colours. Even better you could copy and paste a lot of the script.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone remember Sim-Manor from Morrowind? It was basically a money pit. Since the player was filthy rich by the time he made fifth level, and was arguabley the wealthiest person in the province in short order, HotFusion came up with a Manor, the required upkeep, expansion, etc. It was an excellent idea, but, never made it past alpha stage, (and is still available for download....)when he fell off the face of the planet.

I wanted to do something similar, starting with an old abandoned castle, in its own worldspace (to limit possible conflicts...). A good part of the basic work is done. Just getting actual implementation, and the CS work done is killing me. :)

1. Khettifying all the stock houses (most notably Arborwatch). I had themes and such planned out for every one. However, Benirus Manor by itself has required so much in the way of support and updates and patches that I'm not sure I have it in me to do more. Maybe one day, since Greenie wants it. :)

I soooo wanted to do Arborwatch aswell....maybe we'll have to give it a go together sometime Khett :)

I also really wanted to make a small village on Lake Rumare, had most of the exterior work done, but I lost it :)

HeyYou, that would be awesome :D

I've always been looking for something to spend my cash on :D