DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Simple Retex Request

the-manta

I don't knwo how many FO3 texturers there are here, or how much the process differs from OB, but it would be a great help if someone could quite simply retexture the SubRmTallWallWindow01, SubRmTallCornerWindow01 and SubRmTallCornerWindow03 statics (shown to the right of the pic) so that they match the wastleand homes statics (e.g. WasteRmTallCorner01 shown to the left of the pic). There are tall room corner window pieces for the wasteland home set, but they all have two windows, and the exterior I am using requires only one.

This wouldn't even require any new textures to be created, I'm sure it could be done simply by applying wasteland home textures to the statics.

geck2010062317455411.png

Thanks

I know that Fallout 3 uses something nifty called textures sets, that eliminates the need for Nifskope, but coming from OB, I still just extract meshes from my BSA and repath them manually, when I'm working with vanilla assets. XD

That said, I can do that, and send you the repathed meshes if you like.

Echonite posted some tutorials about texture sets and the GECK on YouTube, but if you're looking for a comprehensive modding manual for Fallout 3, you must have a look at Miaximus's guides:Link. :)

Texture sets are so nice to use. That said, there are 'some' objects that you cannot use a texture set on, such as furniture. I have found that it can cause a CTD in the GECK and in the game.

With a texture set, you never have to look at a mesh again in Nifskope. You simply create a new 'texture set' object, and then you attach the texture, normal maps, glow maps, environment masks and anything else to the texture set object.

To apply the new texture set to an object, you create a new object, and in the mesh add menu, you attach your texture set to the nodes of the mesh.

It really cuts down on the size of your mod to not have all those meshes duplicated just for a new texture.

And its much more organized for those of you who suffer from OCD. :)