DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Cure Disease Overhaul - Disease Submission

Zabre

Here you can submit ideas for DaneZ's and Lemon's mod,

the Cure Disease Overhaul.

I can not tell you what we will do with your submissions UNLESS they are used in the mod. If they are used, you will be contacted by myself, or Dane. You will also be listed in the credits.

Here is the form:

NAME: (Name of the Disease)

EFFECT: (Please list as "EFFECT - MAGNITUDE")

COMMENTS: (Add some lore to the disease  )

CONTRACTION: (Include who, or how, you want your disease to be contracted from)

[/code]

Thank-you, all :)

Edited by Lemon

I'm still wondering if you'd allow diseases that don't harm the player, but rather aid him/her/it/dev /null.

Because I could surely come up with a few strange ones that have some good effects. Maybe not all good for you.

For example: the first disease I caught in Oblivion was Astral Vapors. Bad disease for a first timer, IMO, I didn't notice that I had caught it until I saw my Magicka wasting away at high speed.

But thinking back on it, why not make a disease that does something a bit like that, only with some benediction added in?

Maybe something along the lines of this:

NAME:  Wraith Wisps

EFFECT:  Sun damage 5

{Damage Magicka 5} Or {Stunted Magicka}

Chameleon 50%

COMMENTS:  Strange Disease.  It rips you partially out of Mundus, yet leaves enough of you there to still have a presence.

Curing it isn't any harder then most diseases, but a few more... seedy types, find it to be worth the trouble.  Some even sell it!

What kind of world do we live in where people market horrid diseases?  Maybe we can make one that's even better... - Unnamed Tevlanni Magi

I'm not sure that's what you meant by comments, but I figured that some flavor text wouldn't hurt.

Well I've been playing with some diseases in my necromancy mod. They are mostly decay or blood themed, so nothing much positive there. There also one disease that's more like a curse.

Name: Touch of the Dead

Effect: Restore magicka 1

spell absorbtion 6

drain willpower 10

weakness to normal weapons 10

weakness to frost 10

Comment: Well a common physical ailment for astral necromancers. Dealing with spirits opens your mind but you're open to their presence. 

Edited by Dominic

Got it!

NAME:  Corpus Lupinus

Effect:  Drain Intelligence X

Drain Wisdom X

Drain Charisma 100

Fortify Strength X/2

Fortify Speed X/3

Fortify Agility X/3

Restore Health 1-5(Not sure yet)

SCRIPTEFFECT:  Damage endurance 5 every night at midnight

SCRIPTEFFECT:  Damage Endurance a random number less then 100(likely less then 30 or 25) every now and then throughout the day on a low chance

SCRIPTEFFECT:  Increase X every now and then, using [url=http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/ModNthActiveEffectMagnitude]ModNthActiveEffectMagnitude]

Description:  While it's most certainly not actually a strain of Corpus, in of that it can be cure with little more effort then Rock Joint or Greenspore, it's certainly much more deadly.

While at first the effects seem quite helpful, they sweeten this deadly poison, which claims lives if not controlled.

One victim can become twenty, and twenty three hundred.

Aggression increases in most victims, and some even mentally degenerate to the point that they might as well be feral beasts, scratching and biting any who come near them.

It's a slow decent into madness, and while some survive, they often have nothing left afterwords, in of that they often kill those near them in fits of rage.

While we have no proof of this, it is theorized that supporters of Dagoth Ur may have created this disease, even though Red Mountain has been cured of the blight.

I can only hope that a vaccine can be made before it gets out of control.  - Teril Savani

CARRIERS:  Wolves, mainly.  Hence the Lupinus part of the name.  Other then that, maybe for sale in places supporting Hircine.

Well I've been playing with some diseases in my necromancy mod. They are mostly decay or blood themed, so nothing much positive there. There also one disease that's more like a curse.

Name: Touch of the Dead

Effect: Restore magicka 1

spell absorbtion 6

drain willpower 10

weakness to normal weapons 10

weakness to frost 10

Comment: Well a common physical ailment for astral necromancers. Dealing with spirits opens your mind but you're open to their presence. 

You can also submit negative diseases. XD

Ok, I'll try:

NAME: Elva's Eye

EFFECT:

• Detect Life - 170
  • Fortify Willpower - 8
  • Drain Personality - 10
  • Drain Endurance - 10
  • Drain Luck - 15
  • Damage Fatigue - 1
  • Weakness to Normal Weapons - 25

COMMENTS: The origins of the disease are unknown. It is an exceedingly rare curse that saps the victims energy, turning them old, crippled, and weak within the first few days of contraction. The disease is also known to effect the victim mentally. Victims describe the hellish condition as viewing every agony, pain, misery, and depression of any soul they may meet. This leads them to seek refuge from civilization, to escape the depression that thrives in cities.

CONTRACTION: Since victims flee other people, the disease becomes naturally rare. The disease can live up to 5 years on a dead corpse in warm, moist conditions however. So, this disease is usually contracted through the undead or any of Elva's Eyes still living far, far away from civilization.

=====

NAME: Dark Leech

EFFECT:

• Silence - -
  • Damage Magicka - 1
  • Drain Willpower - 5
  • Spell Absorption - 75
  • Weakness to Frost - 50

COMMENTS: The Dark Leech, wizard's worst nightmare, is a parasitic organism that attacks the brain, and specifically the part associated with gathering magicka. The parasite usually attaches somewhere along the spinal column or brain stem, too small for the victim to notice, and then sucks on the magicka in the person's body. Victims loose the ability to cast spells to this parasite, have a constant degeneration of magicka, and are known to loose willpower. Using the magicka from the host, the parasite creates a field that consumes three quarters of every spell cast at the host for even more magicka. For some unknown reason, one side-effect is that the victim becomes greatly less resilient to cold temperatures.

CONTRACTION: Through food, water, and blood transfer. The disease is usually found among mages with high amounts of magicka, where the parasite lives the longest. Anyone can contract the disease, but the parasite usually lives longest in those with high magicka. The cure must be administered by potion; a spell could potentially be absorbed instead of curing the victim. Also, attempting to remove the parasite will usually result in paralysis of the victim or death, because of vital systems the parasite leeches to.

Edited by Critterman

How about gangrene? Could even develop if you get hit by frost damage too much.

Name: Black Rot

Effects: Drain strength - 15

drain endurance - 10

drain fatigue - 30

drain speed - 10

drain personality - 15

Comments: All the penalties would increase very quickly.

-------

Name: Lumbar Leukemia

Effects: Stunted magicka

damage fatigue - 1

drain health - 15

weakness to magic 15%

weakness to disease 50%

Comments: Just a blood disease which puts a stop to mana regeneration among other things.

Edited by Dominic