DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Deus Ex And The New Sequel Human Revolution

Vince

There was an RPG disguised as a shooter a few years back called Deus Ex. It was unique it that there were multiple solutions for almost every challenge. PC Gamer magazine has voted it the best PC game of all time. It certainly was fun--I played it all the way through at least three times. Unfortunately, it's sequel, Deus Ex, the Invisible War was just a dumbed down shooter. However, now Edios is nearing completion of a new sequel that's back to the RPG roots. Like the original, you can increase your skills and find better weapons as you solve quests. Since you character is essentially a cyborg, you can get "augs", augmentations, that are very similar in effect to the perks you can get in FO.

The reason I'm posting is details of the new sequel are coming out that indicates that Edios "Gets it". A new trailer is out from E3 that I find amazing, see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FRWYRqaGFE. I hope you will watch it and let me know what you think.

Thanks DarkRider. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one to be amazed by the trailer. I don't expect the game to be that intense, but from the article in PC gamer, where they actually watched someone play an alpha version of the game, it looks like it could be as good as the original--at that would be a very good thing!

Great cinematics will be part of the game I'm sure, in the form of cut scenes and such, those are becoming fairly common in next gen games. I think they would have to keep the game graphics up to par to make for smooth transitioning between gameplay and cinematics. Definitely going to be a visual treat. XD

Well, that's one of the few games I don't feel a need to try first to say if I'm going to buy it.

I may have not played the first Deus Ex, but I've heard of it, and I've been tempted to try it in the past, but wow, that's a good looking game. I don't care if I haven't seen any game play trailers, that's a good looking game.

I better get a job and buy it.