DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

a little something needed

DsoS

I finally got FO3 GOTY for PC and doing a little house...err. Vault House mod. I've got many many tons of great ideas on what I want to do and place and use and what-not.

One of my ideas is to allow the player to buy ammo, grenades/mines, medical equiptment from multiple terminals. I've got a idea of them, but the scripting will be the killer I think.

anyway, what I'm wanting to do is, for small ammo (5.56mm, .306, .32, etc) the player will be able to "order" upto 500 of each (or whatever I decide the container will be able to hold)

The same goes for rockets, mines, grenades, mini-nukes, etc. and for medical supplies.

each will have its set price of 100% of its value PLUS 50 cap "Shipping" fee (just to make it a bit mroe fair.)

I've also had the idea of having a restocking Nuka-Cola Machine, that is restocked weekly, with x-amount of nuka-colas, ice-cold nuka's, and Quantum (I know how many, but I dont have my notes in front of me) the total price for this restocking will 200 caps plus 50 for shipping.

As I'm sure you can tell, I will already be placing an Armory in the Vault. At first there will only be a few ammo containers. Each container will only be able to hold a certain amount of each type of ammo (Ex. 5.56mm container(s) will hold 500 max) Once the player fills that container up, they will be able to buy a new container for like 50-100 caps (depending on if its a normal container or a enclave container) Enclave containers will only hold Mini-Nukes, Missiles, Grendades, etc (mostly Explosive ammo).

Lockers (Single Stand up only) will hold x-amount of weapons. Also buyable if player runs out of space. (EX. 1 locker can hold 5 assualt rifles, shot-guns, etc.... For larger weapons, such as Rocket Launcher, The mini-nuke gun (can't think of its name) the locker can hold only 1 of the Big guns.)

anyway now for my questions:

1) Scripting for terminals (if needed) to "order" ammo, explosives, nuka-cola, medical supplies, containers, etc. Each type is a different terminal.

2) How to make containers (ammo and lockers) to hold a certain amount of each type of ammo. such as 500 of 5.56mm, 1000 of 10mm and .32, 250 .309, etc.

Thats all I can think of at the moment, I left my notes at home and don't remember everything.

So any info you can give me I would love you forever!!!

:rofl: and thanks in advanced for any help :rofl: