DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Helloo :D

Mysterious Mr. Bear

Hello...

I found this website in Darkriders sig on bethesda forums, and after a couple of days lurking decided to join up and introduce myself :wave:

I've been playing Oblivion since it came out... I was probably about 12 or 13 at the time. Me and most of my friends all ended up buying it... for the next year, at least once a week we'd end up in arguments about who's character would win in a fight, a sure sign of a good mod!

For the past year or so though I've been descovering modding, and have fallen in love all over again, in awe at so many peoples talent! I must have had more crashes than the British ecconamy with 200 hundred mods installed or something rediculous like that...

I'm 16 now, and I've just left school... with alot of time on my hands I've decided to finally bite the bullet and learn to mod!

I have alot of interests and ideas to do with modding... something I've always loved is composing music and I noticed very few mods use music in their atmosphere, pehaps thats something posotive I can bring to Tesalliance whilst I raid it for knowlage... I'm interested in voice acting too so I'll be looking at the guild as soon as I've got my head around the forums ;) I've done a basic modding tutorial at Construction set wiki, and I'm about ready to start on my first project, but will undoubtably be frequenting the modding classes in the comming weeks...

I really love the atmosphere this website has, of helping and being helped, and hopefully I'll fit in here :) I don't have much to offer in the way of modding talent, but I love learning new things, and scripting, desining, writing, texturing and modeling all facinate me, so maybe one day I'll be the one helping someone out... :P

Thats all for now since It's nearly midnight over here in England, and I'm feeling rather sleepy...

Mysterious Mr. Bear :hugs:

Welcome!

Indeed, this place is plain awesome :wave:

Start by taking all the classes you deem neccessary, and keep asking questions.

I hope you'll have a good time here!

Just throw me a PM whever you feel. I seem to have suprisingly much sparetime too :hugs: in between me sitting in max ... :P

See you in the shouty!

EDIT: Typing at 01:16 is not too smart ...

Cheers,

Matth

Edited by Matth

Hello and Welcome to TESA. The best place to start is with DarkRider's CS basic classes,you learn not only what to do but why. Then you can choose what you want to work on next.:hugs: And midnight is early for a modder.:wave: Have fun and do not be afraid of asking. :P

By the way, I set a picture as my topic avatar before I posted here, but it doesn't seem to be showing... do I have to make a certain number of posts before it shows or something like that?

There are no post requirements for Avatars, make sure you have set your profile avatar and topic avatar. Two settings you see :hugs:

you can choose 2 avatars. 1 for topic/post and 1 for profil. Or something. I just put my avatar at all the places :P

Cheers,

Matth

Your topic avatar and profile avatar should be the same image, so it's just the one image for both uses.

Welcome Mysterious Mr. Bear.I`m a little late to the party and if my car had started this morning,I`d have been even later.As nottlong said Rider`s CS class is probably one of the best places to start out.When I came here about a year ago I hadn`t/couldn`t/was afraid to, even open the CS,nothing at all to offer these fine folks in return for their patience and help.I`m just now getting to a point where I can take some requests for basic stuff I can make in blender.

I`ve always wanted to add original music to my mods and especially to the lute I made(see my gallery)and have been trying to get studio time with some friends.Also another point of interest is sound effects.There`s a free tool called Audacity which lets you record and format audio for the game(see the VA guild posts)and it is a very fine app.

Didn`t mean to write a book here so,I`ll just say it`s good to see you here and leave you this-> :P

Thanks don! :)

I've just submitted my entry to Rider's basic class, knew most of it from previous attempts but it was nice to have a refresher, and it was just the first lesson after all... I'll be completing lessons whilst my mod idea is still in planning, and likely running back there with my tail between my legs a good few times after my mod has been planned :dizzy:

A lute mod? That sounds interesting! how does it work? I could have a go at producing something for it, if your interested. I really need to get a sample collection of things I've done so people who are interested in this sort of thing can find it easier... but I could listen to some classical lute performances and have a go at imitating it, or something like that :)

Audacity is the bones of most of the things I do :P I'll agree, its an excellent program, I couldn't belive it was free!

Thank you very much for the cooky ;) Bears like cookies. Better to have a late cookie than no cookie! Hope your poorly car gets better, sounds stressful :|

Mysterious Mr. Bear

XD

Thanks don! :)

I've just submitted my entry to Rider's basic class, knew most of it from previous attempts but it was nice to have a refresher, and it was just the first lesson after all... I'll be completing lessons whilst my mod idea is still in planning, and likely running back there with my tail between my legs a good few times after my mod has been planned XD

A lute mod? That sounds interesting! how does it work? I could have a go at producing something for it, if your interested. I really need to get a sample collection of things I've done so people who are interested in this sort of thing can find it easier... but I could listen to some classical lute performances and have a go at imitating it, or something like that :)

Audacity is the bones of most of the things I do :P I'll agree, its an excellent program, I couldn't belive it was free!

Thank you very much for the cooky ;) Bears like cookies. Better to have a late cookie than no cookie! Hope your poorly car gets better, sounds stressful :|

Mysterious Mr. Bear

:)

Rest assured Bear,$75 and most of a day later I`m motoring.The lute can be found in the unofficial clutterers guild warehouse of contributed goodies around the corner and up the street a bit,heheh,just kidding. It`s in their inventory and can be DLed there,dunno if you have to take the whole package of stuff though.I made it so a character coule be animated to play it and was careful with the collision.If you want I think I still have the .zip somewhere.I`m still thinking about different styles but there`s alot of hours in making them so I don`t know when,I`m also playing around with hunting horns and the like(also in my gallery)Nothing worth releasing yet though.Today was a semi sweet fluke. Normally I`m at work all week and have nothing left resembling creativity when I limp back to my cave.This leaves me with only weekends to play.

Well, nice chatting.If you have any questions or need/want help with anything just get word to me and if I don`t know I can probably point you at someone/somewhere you can get what you want. :dizzy:

Welcome to the Alliance! I'm a little late but with four kids and modding too, I'm a little busy. I recently went through Darkrider's classes and they are awesome. I released my first mod because of the classes and I'm onto new things. Once again Welcome and hope you enjoy being here.