DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Situations when you shouldn't be able to teleport

ZuTheSkunk

I hope it is a correct place for my question. My question is simple: in what situations from stock Oblivion player shouldn't be able to teleport, so he wouldn't be able to break the quests and so on? I can't recall all of such moments, so I need your help.

For example, player certainly shouldn't be able to teleport:

- From Mankar Camoran's Paradise;

- From Dreamworld (quest "Through The Nightmare, Darkly")

- From Bloated Float during the related quest;

- From Night Mother's tomb at the end of last Dark Brotherhood quest;

- From Painted World from Cheydinhal's quest;

- During fights on the Arena;

- During quests for Boethiah and Peryite;

Any other examples?

Why any, instead of only quest-related?

Exiting an Oblivion gate improperly does not reset its state. Being teleported out would do this.

Also, another situation. During the main quest when the player is in the Lake Arrius Caverns. Sort of bad if you interrupt that when you're trying to infiltrate the Mythic Dawn.

Okay, so I must cover the problem of teleporting outside Oblivion worldspaces. The thing is, I don't know how to do so. I don't see any conditions like "getInOblivionWorldspace" in CS Wiki. Probably I could use just "getincell" and "getinworldspace" for all stock Oblivion cells and worldspaces, but that would take very long and not cover any worldspaces added by mods.

Any suggestions, perhaps?

Add the vanilla ones by name, then add a weather check using GetCurrentWeatherID. Oblivion worldspaces all use one or more of the following:

OblivionDefault 00032E15

OblivionElectrical 00067198

OblivionMountainFog 000671A1

OblivionSigil 000C0999

OblivionStormOblivion 00067199

SigilWhiteOut 000C42DE

This will require OBSE. To my knowledge, there isn't a non-OBSE way to detect these kinds of things from mods.

You'll also have to hope that the user hasn't changed the weather using the console.

You can also use ref walking to look for things generally only present in Oblivion worldspaces, such as tower and door objects - but again, you can't know for sure what the user has done with the console or mods.

This will require OBSE.

And therefore I can't use it, only non-OBSE solutions. :wallbash: But thank you for information and possible solution.

Well, it seems that there is no way to bypass the problem with vanilla scripting, so I've just typed all those cells and worldspaces (not that much after all). I'll leave the rest to the user by leaving appropriate warning in readme.

With the help of UESP Wiki, I've been able to find few more quests with required teleport blocker. I think now it would be more or less safe. :) Thank you all for responses.

This is what I did as a last resort. XD The thing was less problematic than I've first thought, as I've forgot that this teleport is intended to work only outdoors, so I didn't need to worry about cells at all. :rofl: I will loose my head some day...