DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Flight Plane Question about a dragon mount i made

Johnn123

Alrighy my problem is i have made this dragon mount out a dragon model i got on the nexus. ive got it set-up and working like a proper mount, he can walk, fly over the ground attack, everything. i can mount and dismount him properly as well. my only problem is when he flies, he doesnt fly off the ground he just hovers. ive been referencing to saiden storms akatosh mounts, but i cant figure out how he got akatosh to fly properly. ive got the flight plane he used for his akatosh, but how would i attach that to my dragon so he can fly properly as well? iany ideas? thx

If you didn't change anything but the textures, flying is an extension of the walk / run animation.... To fly it has to be set to run.... on the ground its walk... I control the height with a mouse to go up or down depending ont he horizon.

• Upvote 1

@Hana: the plane that allows me to go upin the air, the "z" coordinate. without it i could only go forward, backwards, left and right, but not up or down.

@Arion: thats the thing i cant go up yet, i cant figure out how to set the flight plane to allow the dragon to go up

@Hana: the plane that allows me to go upin the air, the "z" coordinate. without it i could only go forward, backwards, left and right, but not up or down.

@Arion: thats the thing i cant go up yet, i cant figure out how to set the flight plane to allow the dragon to go up

Have you thought about just replacing your mesh with his? Or is this a completely different animation set you've got?

BTW, is it the Umaril dragon?

If you can tell me where to get this "flight plane" I'll take a look at it to see if I can't figure it out. (I've downloaded Saiden Storms Custom Creatures and I don't see anything called that, just lots of special idle anims.)

Btw, his readme gives me the impression his anims only work on his skeletons.

Edit: Also, it's generally good forum etiquette to state you've cross-posted to another forum. What it says there is not the same information you've given here.

If I understand correctly now, you've been able to make your dragon fly, you just don't know how to control him?

If you've copied the scripts from at least his Akatosh Mount v1.7, which includes 3rd person view, you should have no problem. However again, he does say 3rd person works for his skeleton.

Quote from his readme;

Controls

- Movement - Normal horse movement for all forward backward movements.

- Flying requires you to be in runmode - tilt up to fly up and down to fly down.

- Ground Walking Mode - Requires you to be in Walk Mode - normal horse controls for movement.

Maybe you can explain again what the problem is?

Edited by Hanaisse

If you can tell me where to get this "flight plane" I'll take a look at it to see if I can't figure it out. (I've downloaded Saiden Storms Custom Creatures and I don't see anything called that, just lots of special idle anims.)

Btw, his readme gives me the impression his anims only work on his skeletons.

Edit: Also, it's generally good forum etiquette to state you've cross-posted to another forum. What it says there is not the same information you've given here.

If I understand correctly now, you've been able to make your dragon fly, you just don't know how to control him?

If you've copied the scripts from at least his Akatosh Mount v1.7, which includes 3rd person view, you should have no problem. However again, he does say 3rd person works for his skeleton.

Quote from his readme;

Controls

- Movement - Normal horse movement for all forward backward movements.

- Flying requires you to be in runmode - tilt up to fly up and down to fly down.

- Ground Walking Mode - Requires you to be in Walk Mode - normal horse controls for movement.

Maybe you can explain again what the problem is?

And, just to add in, you should be able to use his skeleton on that dragon mesh. Might have to do some mesh to bone editting of course.

Edit: Nevermind, I just saw your gallery shots and it looks like you've already got it done. Wonder why the flight plane isn't working though. Did you copy over the Flight Plane nif?

Edited by lonewolf_kai