DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIP] Nightmare Realm

WillieSea

So, I am making a new mod for Halloween. It will be a little bit of a puzzler and hopefully a bit fun.

You can see my initial work on it in this video:

You enter a shack, and find it and the cavern behind it full of Chinese Ghouls.

After getting past them, you are captured by a mad scientist and his sidekick, Igor.

You then fade in and out of the real world, where your dreams are your ticket to escaping the mad scientists vile experiments.

Mostly I am just trying to get the interiors and exteriors build for now. I am not sure how the dreamworld will go at this time, so, if you have ideas I would like to hear them.

A short listing of what the mod does so far...

1) You enter a shack set against a rock face to find two Chinese Military Ghouls guarding a door, behind a sandbag wall. Skeletons litter the floor.

2) You cap them and enter the door to find you are in a natural cavern. You wade through more of the Ghouls through two large chambers. The second chamber has a few buildings.

3) You wander deeper into the tunnels and come to a constructed tunnel area. As you move into it, a flash grenade falls from the ceiling and you are knocked out. Before you pass out, some deranged scientist and his side-kick take you hostage.

4) You wake up on an island with nothing but some casual attire on. (this is the dream) Ahead of you is a dark and forboding mansion. You search the island and find a bunch of 'parts' that you know can be made into weapons, but where is the workbench?

5) Searching more, you finally find a switch. Flipping it opens a secred passage in the Aviary. Inside, you find a bunch of supplies including a pistol and a workbench. You make yourself some weapons.

6) You head for the house and open the door where you wake up in a prison cell. (back in the real world) Soon the mad scientist comes and greets you, and then gases you to sleep again. Igor drags you off and you wake up inside the mansion. (back in dreamland)

Middle Section) Not done, but you will have several trips to the mansion and prison cells where you will learn more about whats going on. In the mansion are ghoul ghosts, 'Jason' with a chainsaw, the Slasher in a clown outfit, and the mad scientist.

10) (dreamland inside mansion) When you kill the mad scientist, you wake back up in your prison cell. Heading for the gate, an explosion startles you. Several more explosions go off and the klaxons ring out a warning. More explosions and flames down the hallway outside your cell blast open the lock. You are free!

11) You find your stuff in a locker, you find Igor and the Mad Scientist and you put them down.

• 3 weeks later...

I have all the parts 'done' for the mod. I have just finished adding room bounds and portals for effeciency.

The reward at the end will be the mad scientist experimented on your brain/body. You now have a perk that is 'like' the solar powered perk, but different.

1. If you are suffering 'any' radiation poisoning, for every point its reduced, your health is increased by 1 point. This happens at 1 point per 10 seconds, just like the solar powered perk.

2. If your radiation is 200+, any crippled arms or legs (only) will be regenerated.

3. You get a damage resistance of +5.

If you can escape from the lab... The mad scientist and igor are still running around and they are not push-overs. Especially since you do not have a weapon. You can find your stuff in a locker if your quick, you can equp your stuff before you die.

I like the idea of the perk, it sounds good. One thing I'm confused about though is that if you regain health based on rads being removed, why does it need the timing? Also, perhaps you could add some other minor reward that you only get if you search the lab thoroughly, or fulfil some other requirement in the dream, like how you can get a perk from the Anchorage DLC only if you find all the briefcases? (but obviously it wouldn't be another perk, as the main prize ais one)

What I meant was that if the health gain is directly proportional to radiation loss, I couldn't understand how a timer applied, but I was just being slow :dizzy: I get it now. As for the secondary perk for killing all ghosts, perhaps something like "" allowing you to deal more damage, or some other bonus after sleeping recently, like you now experience your dreams like they were real. I dunno, something like that perhaps :D could be something other than a perk though; maybe just some unique (stats) weapon in a part of the lab you don't need to go to to get out. Maybe if you kill all the ghosts, the scientist writes a note saying that some aggression-based experiment he has been running on you payed off and he has decided to put the tech to use, and a weapon that frenzies people is enabled somewhere in the lab. It's possible I'm over-comclicating this :)

It's possible I'm over-comclicating this

Perhaps. :D

I already have a 'supply' room, but no special weapons for it. I was thinking about a scythe though. That would be cool. :dizzy:

I have an idea.

1. If you kill all the ghosts, you get the +5% damage resistance tacked onto the perk.

2. If you find 6 voodoo dolls, you get the limb regeneration ability taked on.

3. If you figure out how to destroy the 'evil brain', you get +1 Intelligence tacked on.

4. If you make it out alive, you get the Radiation Regeneration where your radiation is turned into health. Everyone would gualify for this 'default' perk.

I already have a 'supply' room, but no special weapons for it. I was thinking about a scythe though. That would be cool. :dizzy:

I have an idea.

1. If you kill all the ghosts, you get the +5% damage resistance tacked onto the perk.

2. If you find 6 voodoo dolls, you get the limb regeneration ability taked on.

3. If you figure out how to destroy the 'evil brain', you get +1 Intelligence tacked on.

4. If you make it out alive, you get the Radiation Regeneration where your radiation is turned into health. Everyone would gualify for this 'default' perk.

That's a fantastic idea, a sort of "modular" perk, and I believe I already related my feelings on scythes in your gallery :D . I'm quite excited about this mod, it just gets better and better!

• 4 weeks later...