DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Custom Wall Crumble script... working yet not

DsoS

ok the thing works... but a little disappointed with the wall crumbles

I've got the wall at a major tilt, and still doesn't fall like i want it to.

could you describe how to make a frost spell shoot at the wall to, hopefully, make it be pushed outward?

also I would like to have the minotaur to run out of it for a short distance, too make it seem as if he busted through the wall. I know that it would require a Travel AI thingy, and a X-Marker, but as to how to set it all up, I'm a bit lost on it.

Ok i got my activator up, got the spell created, and started scripting it...

so far i've got..

Scriptname MalamathWallDestroyStoneSCN

Begin OnActivate ;Not sure what to place here

MalamathFrostWallTargetSpell.cast FrostSpell MalamathEnableMeWallCrumble01

end

Ran into a question, and a error

Question:

The stone will only be activated once, until the cell resets, the Push button from last time will activate it... How would i set up my "Begin" command for this?

Error:

malamathscripterror.th.jpg

1. Error: You can only use reference names in front of commands.

2. You don't need to script the varla stone. You put the cast command directly in the button switch activation when you call the command to break the wall.

MalamathWallDestroyStoneREF.cast FrostSpell MalamathEnableMeWallCrumble01 

- "MalamathWallDestroyStoneREF" is the reference name on the varla stone that shoots the spell.

- "MalamathEnableMeWallCrumble01" is the reference name on the wall that is to crumble.

- "FrostSpell" is the name of the spell from the spells list. It must be a 'target' type spell so it will travel towards the wall from the varla stone. The more damage it does, the more it will blast the rocks outward. You might want to put frost immunity on your big minotaur, as least until the spell is done blowing the wall down.

You might want to move the switch closer to the action. Then, in console mod, turn collision off and go behind the wall so you can watch what happens. The spell might not be hitting the wall at all. It could be hitting the creature, or impacting on a wall, or any number of things.

So, move the switch behind the walls with you so you can click it and watch what happens.

actually i've already kinda of did that in a way...

the minotaur is in front of the wall, but it still gets killed by the spell, due to the area of effect of the spell (I'll tone that down abit)

and as for the spell hitting the wall, its hitting it properly as far as i can tell.

if worse comes to worse, I'll take individual pieces of wall, and place them on the floor, and enable them with the wall switch script.