DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Official TESA TESV Speculation and Info Thread

Witty

In Morrowind, you meet Wulf before going into Red Mountain, and he gives you a Septim coin. Wulf was actually a manifestation of Tiber Septim, or Talos. So...Is Talos going to enlist the player's help?

strokes beard

I'm looking into 'the Godless One'....'sole single star' usually means Azura, but it's probably not this time. :D

TV Tropes has different lyrics posted:

For the king! For the king!

For the sake of Skyrim!

For our life! For our home! For High Hrothgar's blood!

For the Nords! For the Gods! For the sole single son!

Dovahkiin, our king, who will dawn with fire!

I don't think there's been official confirmation of the transcription yet. Nor has there been confirmation of the 200 years after Oblivion part either.

Ah, that Wulf, hmmm *strokes beard* well according to the two accounts of Talos' history, either he was born in Atmora and raised in Skyrim, or had a secret ally named King Wulfharth who

masqueraded as the young general at crucial moments, winning battles and toppling fortresses with his legendary Thu'um.

either way, that's a good link to Skyrim.

As for Azura... Well you're right, doesn't sound the most likely for Skyrim, and if we go with Tiber Septim as "The Wulf", I don't think that one could anything for the Wulf and Azura... probably not best buddies :D

But "The Godless One"...

*strokes beard thoroughly*

EDIT: Just saw Arthmoor's post.

That transcription seems much more straightforward, if less revalatory :/

"For the sole single son" would suggest to me that there is indeed ome element of reincarnation, mantling or somesuch.

had another thought on the Tiber Septim connection though; I believe that the Oblivion crisis heralded the end of the third era? Tiber Septim began the third era, so maybe that's relevant XD

Edited by the-manta

TvTropic's version is definately more Nordish. The YouTube version's 3rd line: And he'll do it for the Just, for the sole single star. is a little silly. TvTropics: For the Nords! For the Gods! For the sole single son! is more likely and polished, and Nordish.

But I hope it's correct with the 2nd line: For the Nine, for the Wulf, for the Godless One. because it suggests a danger of universal scope. TvTropics version: For our life! For our home! For High Hrothgar's blood! is certainly Nord-centric, on its surface. Speaking as a Nord, I can embrace that. RAH!

First thing to come to mind involving the godless one, would be Sithis. Just a hunch... we see the 9 and the Daedra princes get involved heavily. I got a feeling sometime we may see something with Sithis. The Dark Brotherhood I think though may not playing a huge role here, may have some part. They were the most entertaining quest line I've played and in a sense the most intriguing. It kind of would make sense... Skyrim is cold, Sithis I believe was described as being much like a cold black winters night(or something to the effect of) which further north Skyrim would be horridly cold in the winter. Just a bit of speculation, but it would not surprise me. Also I can see beserkers and barbarians coming into play as well.

I am overjoyed at this news. I had heard from sources that they were working on this, but did not know the theme. I LOVE the Nord side of things and have always been drawn to the North, and the cold and the mountains. So I am very happy about this. I am sure they will give us other parts of the TES universe as well, but to center it in this theme is just great.

I am sure it wont be a MMO, that is a rumor that has no water..... not part of this series at all. And the MMO fad is fading, as i knew it would...it really is only so long a sandbox full of battling kids can entertain even the most devoted. I am very happy about this news, best news all year :woohoo:

Hmmm, I was just looking at a map of Tamriel. Solstheim is parallel with Northern Skyrim, but most of that island extends farther north than does Skyrim...it leads me to imagine there will be green in the game. :lmao: Wasn't the southern part of Solstheim a bit green? I forget.

At any rate, I expect green valleys and grey snow-capped mountains through the southern quarter of the Skyrim map, with maybe the northern 3/4 all ice. Despite Bruma's chilly appearance. :uh:

• 4 weeks later...

From some things I found on the 'Net (for whatever *that* is worth), it sounds as if TES V may force you to play as a particular (and male) character, rather than letting you create someone from scratch. I happen to be male, but this would be an unfortunate design choice for many female gamers. Has anyone heard anything at least semi-authoritative about character creation? I certainly hope what I read online is just an idle rumor.

From some things I found on the 'Net (for whatever *that* is worth), it sounds as if TES V may force you to play as a particular (and male) character, rather than letting you create someone from scratch. I happen to be male, but this would be an unfortunate design choice for many female gamers. Has anyone heard anything at least semi-authoritative about character creation? I certainly hope what I read online is just an idle rumor.

I haven't read that on any of the forums I frequent. All that seems to have been at least semi-confirmed is better character creation (with body modification). As for whether we are stuck being male, I can't answer that for sure.

Its just a crappy rumor, likely based on the player character Bethesda uses to show off the game (who is a male Nord named Bendu Olo).

I certainly hope you're right. :-) The name I heard in the online rumor -- and of course I couldn't re-locate that darned posting! -- was something different than the one you list here. But you are probably onto something with the theory that it's just a particular demo character name that someone took out of context.

Under the category of lame rumors, I saw a video out on YouTube of someone who thought they were cleverly leaking gameplay video, when in fact what they were "leaking" was the publicly-posted trailer. Doh!

Bendu Olo

I don't recall where I saw it posted, but I swear there's confirmation somewhere that there's 10 races in the game.

Going from hard fact, it's safe to say based on the Gameinformer print article that there's at least two: Nords and Dark Elves. Nords because there's one in just about every screenshot. Dark Elves because their interface screenshot showed "Bendu Olo" as being of the Dark Elf race.

It stands to reason that they're not going to have JUST Nords and Dark Elves available as choices, so I doubt anyone needs to worry about being forced to play as a Nord male.