DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Official TESA TESV Speculation and Info Thread

Witty

:drool:

Takes realism to a whole new level. Can't wait to get my brand new rig and to play this at maximum resolution with maxed graphics. :D.

Same here my friend. Every few weeks I plan a new rig! I will purchase a few weeks before 11.11.11!

• 2 weeks later...

Some new screens, via Eurogamer. And an XBOX360 preview, courtesy of the same blokes. The chaps at RPS also have a couple of articles for us to read. All in all, quite nice, I'd say.

I don't know if I like that Orc; looks too much like an Uruk-Hai to me and that's not what Orcs are. That is, if that's an Orc. The scenic shots are beautiful as always (especially the ruined fort) and so are the battle ones where you see Dragonborn but the very best for me is that Khajiit. He sure looks like business. Maybe it's a highwaymen!

Actually I rather like that orc.I think the main difference is the shape of the nose- the "new" one is, IMHO, much more realistic and much cooler :) and I think the general face shape looks more like it has a skull in it than oblivion's ever did. The hair in that picture though :crazy: I like the style, but the actual model/texture looks HORRIBLE, maybe it's a WiP? The armour he's wearing, I really like. The weapon less so (I really hope ES doesn't end up like WoW with all the crazy weapons XD I thought Skyrim was meant to be "low fantasy"). Now, the Khajiit :drool: that's one mean lookin' cat! I've never made a khajiit character because I simply can't get a face that looks good, or unique. Looks to me like they have had another overhaul, and one I really like :D

He has proper fur and everything!!! :dizzy:

Unless that's just the armour, which it may be. Anywho, the Eurogamer article. There's not that much new stuff in there really, but a few things really caught my attention:

You can also sabotage the mill, which takes wood out of the local economy and makes arrows harder to come by.

This makes me very happy indeed; being able to actually influence the game world with such actions is a huge step forwards with immersion :)

(I know I've banged on about how pretty Skyrim is already, but it's worth adding that it's also fantastically and consistently well-lit. The interior of the store is appreciably warm - there's an ambient glow and the flames cast flickering shadows. Outdoors the spring air is as crisp and fresh as an iceberg lettuce.)

Lighting, I think most of us will agree, needed some work in Oblivion, sounds like this is no longer a problem :D

there's a huge stone tower stacked over a precipice, guarded by soldiers.

'nuff said.

... shafts of light filtering in from outside, which highlight snowflakes being swept around on air currents. As you move further into the dark, the lighting graduates beautifully to shadow.

More good news on the lighting, and immersive weather :wub:

take advantage of the environment to skewer them on spikes or drown them in burning oil.

I really love the idea of such dynamic environments :yes: I hope this is actually that, rather than just leading enemies into traps, which Oblivion had already.

some dragons may not be your enemies.

I think this is a very very very good thing :D because

a) I love dragons, I want to not kill some

b) it gives the sense that dragons are actually intelligent, sentient beings; they choose whether or not they want to... uhh... do whatever it is the mean dragons are doing...

c) sounds like it could mean nice twists to the main questline :)

Umm, can't really be bothered to write down everything I like in the other articles XD not that much exciting stuff there. Let's just say, "good news" :D

EDIT: started typing this before MMB posted that link. I'll read the other articles but I'm certainly not doing another post like this :P

Edited by the-manta

I actually found the Orcs a LOT more appealing in this, always thought of them as too cartoonish, that whole pig nose thing was a bit much. I think they look much more like Oriki (sp?) from Lord of the Rings now.

Seriously though, the new Khajiit put Lothar of the Hill people at risk of being delayed.

You guys heard about the mystery thumbnails?

Apparently some very tiny thumbnails appeared on the official site and the people at bethsoft forums have been picking them apart. A bethesda official guy has confirmed that SOMEONE in the second thread was right about what they were...

From what I could see it was concept art of some kind of armour-clad lizzardy creature (sorry to dissapoint arthmor, didn't look anything like argonians :/) and an epicly-bearded wizzard.

Nah, it definitely wasn't Argonian. The leading theories are Falmer and skyrim vampires, which fit the the dev's postings.

The thumbnails:

http://elderscrolls.com/assets/images/to_delete/media/thumb1.png - mysterious creature

http://elderscrolls.com/assets/images/to_delete/media/thumb2.png - mysterious creature without armor

http://elderscrolls.com/assets/images/to_delete/media/thumb3.png - previously released image of hero fighting troll

http://elderscrolls.com/assets/images/to_delete/media/thumb4.png - the interior of a nordic temple

http://elderscrolls.com/assets/images/to_delete/media/thumb5.png - a giant

Hah, looks like they finally took them down. I'm uploading them from my archives now.

Here they are.

The first two look like a strange hybrid between what could be a Falmer and an Orc, with some extra ugliness thrown in the mix. The 4th one is a ruin or temple door, I'd say. Probably like one that we have seen in the concept art.

Somewhat interesting, we finally got a glimpse of the compass. I do say though I'm not sure I like the look of first person... the arms looked really close up on the char and the idle looked strange to me. Oh well I suppose I should play before judging though lol.