DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Collector's Editions

vometia

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone ordered any replica swords from Epic Weapons before? I was looking at the staffsword-mini and was wondering if it would be worth it.

I almost did but their international shipping rates were prohibitive. I do have a couple of their creations in the form of letter openers which are quite nice, although their full-size swords are overpriced for what are stainless steel castings (stainless steel is a good choice for small knives and replicas but extremely bad for full-size versions).

I have the full-sized Warden Sword, once it shipped it was quick but it took a while to ship.

The quality is ok, but I know the work on the blade is lacking, I can also tell you that the tip was rounded (way to much IMHO). I am not sure how the staffsword would come out, if they rounded the tip too much it would definatly ruin it.

Edit: Its worth noting I have the letter opener as well and its quality is rather nice however it did not carry over as well to the full-sized. I was somewhat tempted to pick up the staffsword myself but decided against it.

Edited by Si-Shen

I almost did but their international shipping rates were prohibitive. I do have a couple of their creations in the form of letter openers which are quite nice, although their full-size swords are overpriced for what are stainless steel castings (stainless steel is a good choice for small knives and replicas but extremely bad for full-size versions).

I did have some qualms with them being made out of stainless steel as I have a few cheap movie replica swords that are dismal to say the least.

I have the full-sized Warden Sword, once it shipped it was quick but it took a while to ship.The quality is ok, but I know the work on the blade is lacking, I can also tell you that the tip was rounded (way to much IMHO). I am not sure how the staffsword would come out, if they rounded the tip too much it would definatly ruin it.Edit: Its worth noting I have the letter opener as well and its quality is rather nice however it did not carry over as well to the full-sized. I was somewhat tempted to pick up the staffsword myself but decided against it.

Maybe I'll pass on it and stick with the inflatable one a friend got me from PAX.

You have one of the inflatable ones from PAX? Si is jelous!! Si watched the vids on youtub and was sad he could not be there!

if I could see some upclose images of it with high detail (unlike the sales images), I might change my mind on such a purchase.

I did have some qualms with them being made out of stainless steel as I have a few cheap movie replica swords that are dismal to say the least.

Maybe I'll pass on it and stick with the inflatable one a friend got me from PAX.

I think their likelihood of snapping was more of a concern given my innate clumsiness! I hadn't even thought so much about the overall finish.

You have one of the inflatable ones from PAX? Si is jelous!! Si watched the vids on youtub and was sad he could not be there!

if I could see some upclose images of it with high detail (unlike the sales images), I might change my mind on such a purchase.

You could always commission Castle Keep to make you one! I wonder what Rob would make of being asked to do an inflatable sword for someone...? :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

There's a new lithograph featuring the Normandy (or something that looks suspiciously like it) titled Cerberus for those who are interested in such things. Also a new Alice: Madness Returns lithograph and a bunch of hideously expensive Portal 2 lithographs as well. My credit card is having fun this month; my already tenuous ability to keep track of my accounts is not.

Wow, the Normandy ones are already "out of stock" even though they're in pre-order.

Things sometimes get a bit silly - I think the original Normandy sold out in under five minutes. :o This was just the first batch; they'll likely put the next lot up some time over the next few days, though they've become quite cagey about the release schedule...

YAY... managed to get mine though, thanks to Vom :D:hugs:

I was actually surprised that there were ANY left when I got mine becuase I found out 2 hrs after the PM Vom sent. Atleast their new method of releasing seems to let more people get their hands on them BEFORE the vile ebay-ers do.

(side thought - that should be an enemy in a mod... the Vile Ebayer :rofl: - back on track now!)

Of the 2 DA2 litho's they previewed a couple weeks ago, I only want the Arishok... I don't like the other one, both because it does not appeal to me and because I dislike the character.

I am not sure what they are waiting for to be honest, maybe they are hoping if they wait some of the trolls on the Bioware forums will die somehow LOL.

I was expecting them to go on sale about the same time myself, since they both got previewed at the same time.

There's a new lithograph featuring the Normandy (or something that looks suspiciously like it) titled Cerberus for those who are interested in such things. Also a new Alice: Madness Returns lithograph and a bunch of hideously expensive Portal 2 lithographs as well. My credit card is having fun this month; my already tenuous ability to keep track of my accounts is not.

Update: My pre-order just shipped according to the e-mail I got.

Even though I got it over Steam, I'm intent on making a Portal 2 Collector's Edition.

To that end I've acquired a potato clock. Then I'll figure out some.. extra rigging to put on it.

I'm also trying to find a good picture for a poster, but none of the high resolution stuff on Google appeals to me. Maybe I'll go for a TF2 poster instead.

Edited by ub3rman123