DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Lurker's Lair #33

WhoGuru

There are places that require a mobile number? Most of the places that ask for a number (at least, as far as I know) only ask for a phone number and don't really distinguish mobile or home.

I'm one of the growing population that doesn't have a land line, and my cellphone is the only way anyone will ever reach me as far as a phone is concerned.

There are places that require a mobile number? Most of the places that ask for a number (at least, as far as I know) only ask for a phone number and don't really distinguish mobile or home.

I'm one of the growing population that doesn't have a land line, and my cellphone is the only way anyone will ever reach me as far as a phone is concerned.

There are quite a few sites (over here, at least) that demand one or the other, and a few that require both. And they actually validate the number to ensure you can't just get away with entering any old crap, too. Insane.

Most modders I know that use a resource, tend to copy the credits of said resource, heck look at Apachii's Goddess store.. its got all the original readme's.

As for the phone numbers, depending on what it is, I ask them why, and then say its none of their business and leave.

I sent a polite reminder and got a reply informing me that I can't expect them to give credit to everyone. But apparently they can expect to use other people's work without any sort of acknowledgement. On the one hand it wasn't a lot of work and it was given voluntarily; but on the other it seems a rather lousy principle and I'm not really big on people taking the credit for someone else's effort, especially if that someone else is me. I dunno, it's more excusable if it's just ignorance of etiquette, but when you point it out and they still refuse...

Well sod 'em. Last time I help out. (Actually it won't be the last time, at least once I simmer down, but I'm unlikely to help them again.)

:D yea, just let it roll off you're shoulders. not really anything to get that upset over. You could mention it to the teacher if you wish, but that prolly wont do anything either. I wouldnt worry about it. :shrug:

As for the phone numbers, depending on what it is, I ask them why, and then say its none of their business and leave.

I settled for giving them a fake one, as I usually do. We're registered with the "telephone preference service" which means no cold calls, but unfortunately the marketeers managed to slip in a clause where an "existing business relationship" means they can still bother you unless you go through more iterations of opting out. Which is probably why they do it, I suppose.

Most modders I know that use a resource, tend to copy the credits of said resource, heck look at Apachii's Goddess store.. its got all the original readme's.

:hugs: yea, just let it roll off you're shoulders. not really anything to get that upset over. You could mention it to the teacher if you wish, but that prolly wont do anything either. I wouldnt worry about it. :clap:

I think I felt a bit peeved with the sheer speed at which it was appropriated, and then the appropriator's refusal to give credit when PMed. Anyway, I should resist the temptation to go into all the gnarly details.

I suppose it's been a learning experience, but I've decided that rather than getting bogged down by it all I'm laugh in its face (well, grimace slightly, anyway) and actually upload my own mod, finally. Doesn't do much, just adds some wrists to FNV gloves that had formerly managed an amazing feat of levitation, and I made it much more complicated than need be, but there it is: my first upload. Only took me four years. :blush:

Those look like a type of skink to me.

I've heard of cullen skink, but it's a type of soup. Featuring fish, I think.

Why? My guess is tracking purposes... Maybe its a way some companies look you up in their system, via phone number. Instead of asking for more personal?

edit: looks like I am way late on that... I must have posted before reading all the pages or something...

/fail

Why? My guess is tracking purposes... Maybe its a way some companies look you up in their system, via phone number. Instead of asking for more personal?

I was going to reply "but they already have my login details", completely missing the point that it's to sneakily share amongst themselves. Then again, they still have my address and stuff. Shame it's not possible to register credit cards under fake names (er, legally, I mean) otherwise I'd have a separate credit card for each company just as I have separate logins and contact emails.

edit: looks like I am way late on that... I must have posted before reading all the pages or something...

/fail

Yeah, bad Beana, because none of the rest of us ever reply to stuff that's a few posts old. Or even months or years past its sell-by date as is often the case with me. Er, I mean often not the case because I never do that at all. Ever. Ahem. :clap: (I sometimes seem to have a knack for inadvertent thread necromancy, to be clear.)

Edit: just spotting the mention of "tea" in the shouty, I often wondered if weird '80s band The The is a sort of Anglo-French way of saying "The Tea"? If it's not, it should be.

tea? could have been the teapot talk, we were talking about teapots for a bit

Why did I just think "teapots: mmm, soup"? Even I don't understand the way my mind works at times. Most of the time, actually.

Here`s some interesting reading for budding swordsmiths. My link

That seems like it's certainly quite controversial. About the limit of my knowledge of metallurgy is "swords and stainless steel: just say no", and that steel with chromium in it tends to be of the stainless variety. Even if that stuff's mostly okay, it still sounds like it has the potential to be a bit risky to me. I'd rather stick with traditional sword steel, as inclined to rust as it is, since it's at least proven. And I don't like all this newfangled technology like stainless steel and mobile phones and gramophones and water mills and stuff. No good will come of it, mark my words.

:rofl: I know how you feel Vom. There`s quite a long bit of reading in that page. They discuss alot of different steels and methods. The post by the professor was interesting but further down there`s quite a bit of discussion. I was interested in the stuff on "folding" the blade. I seriously doubt if I still possess the "arm" to accomplish such a thing anymore though. :rofl:

I think I felt a bit peeved with the sheer speed at which it was appropriated, and then the appropriator's refusal to give credit when PMed. Anyway, I should resist the temptation to go into all the gnarly details.

I suppose it's been a learning experience, but I've decided that rather than getting bogged down by it all I'm laugh in its face (well, grimace slightly, anyway) and actually upload my own mod, finally. Doesn't do much, just adds some wrists to FNV gloves that had formerly managed an amazing feat of levitation, and I made it much more complicated than need be, but there it is: my first upload. Only took me four years. :lol:

I would feel a bit upset at them too, but you can't really force them. If they want to be idiots about it then you have to let them do that. They'll answer for it eventually.

Four years? :blink:

Four years? :blink:

Oh, not the same mod (though I have been working on Castle Life for... dunno, over two years probably!) it's just that of the reams of stuff of varying quality that I've thrown together over the years, I've never had the confidence to publicly release something before. This one's just a tiny fix... but that "just" is probably why it hasn't been too worrisome, although I've still managed to wind myself up about the possibility of a gaffe of some sort. But other than being slightly over-complicated for what it is, nobody's complained yet. :lol:

that sits right next to my kiosk. the Christmas house. Aaaaand conveniently placed is the door. Which people line up and always ends up at my doorstep... bah humbug? Nope.. just anti Christmas decorations before thanksgiving...

hehe