DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

New Vegas: Companions

darkstone

New Vegas: Companions

This thread is for information on Fallout: New Vegas' Companions, all information regarding quests or anything that maybe spoiled will be placed inside Spoiler Tags.

Companions:

Name: Craig Boone

Description:

Boone is a town guard and former NCR sharpshooter in the 1st Recon Sniper Battalion, a unit which has a reputation for being the best of the best.

He is always bitterly whiling away the hours until he can find out who's responsible for the death of his wife, Carla, and kill them. Hardened and psychologically troubled from his time in the NCR military, Boone vacillates between being a stone-cold killer and a decent human being. Venturing out from the relative safety of Novac brings Boone into close contact with his old life until he is forced to deal with the tragic events that caused him to leave the military.

Acquiring the Companion:

Craig Boone can be found on duty in the mouth of Dinky the Dinosaur from 9 PM to 9 AM in Novac. You will need to talk to him during this time while he is on duty, if you try and talk to him while he is off duty he will tell the player to talk to him while on duty because he needs rest.

To aquire Boone as a companion you will need to talk to him and start and complete the quest "One for My Baby". The quest is rather short and takes place inside of Novac.

Name: Rose of Sharon Cassidy (aka Cass)

Description:

Name: ED-E

Description:

Name: Rex

Description:

Name: Lilly Bowen

Description:

Name: Raul Tejada

Description:

Name: Arcade Gannon

Description:

Name: Veronica Santangelo

Description:

Hired Help:

*Descriptions quoted from the Fallout Wiki

A minor modding-related one here, so I'm not entirely sure if this is the right place... but, anyway: I've only bumped into Veronica so far and immediately reached for Geck to ensure she levelled with me (she doesn't by default).

The problem with doing that is that her attributes were manually set, and her specific advantages are lost once auto-levelling is on since it also insists on auto-calc stats being on as well; my work-around is nothing especially clever, I've just included a small scriptlet to test the value of one of the attributes in question and to setav a bunch of them if it seems too low. Seems to work well enough so far. Ended up putting it in her gamemode block, which I know isn't the most efficient but I wasn't in the mood to find a more "intelligent" place to put it, especially as it might end up not running! But the point is, in answer to what seems to be a common complaint, it is possible to have her auto-level without losing her skills, it just means that some mucking about is required.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd have to say I have found almost all the companions but I still keep Boone and Ed-E with me. I just adore the music Ed-E plays and how can you get rid of a bot that has an honor student sticker on him??

They are a great duo to have. My favorite as well.

Ed-E shows you on your radar on which the direction the enemies are while Boone spots them on the field. Perfect combo I say! When both are upgraded, they're almost unstoppable...that is until Ed-E decides to rush in a cave alone to attack some creature he mysteriously spotted...only to get killed if you don't save it.

• 8 months later...