DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Yellow cube-like outlines in CS?

speedyg869

I'm playing around with the ADTreeHome-Cobl mod and I see some Yellow cube-like outlines in front of the tree in the exterior cell [-4,4]. Having played this mod before, I know that when you approach this tree you don't see the door until you locate and activate a knob which is concealed by the floral. So I suspect the box defined by the yellow outlines in the CS is a zone which contains the objects that can be made visible or non-visible. I assume this is documented in the CS Wiki, but I'm not sure what it's called.

Ok, here's a screenshot

Also, In the CS they are not listed in the objects listing. But I can select them in the render/object window.

Edited by speedyg869

Hmmm could be Speedyg. Also I think things like fireflys and butterflys have those boxes too in the CS. Without having the mod I can`t check it.

I recomend you try this tree/house mod because the designer created some interesting objects. The concealment idea is very cool to see in action too. :D

Also, In the CS they are not listed in the objects listing. But I can select them in the render/object window.

Double Click on one in the Render Window. The second field of the Reference window that opens gives you the name of the Base Object. Once you have that, go to Edit > Find Text and type in that name. It will tell you if it's an Activator, Static or whatever.

You don't need to 'double-click' to get the name. Single click to select it and the name shows up on the status bar on the bottom left of the CS window.

My guess is they are butterfy objects.

You are saying butterfly like the insect? If so, the box defines where the butterfly can fly?

If you turn on havok button in the CS, you'll see the effect in action if I'm not wrong. Just like for fire, smoke, etc...

Actually, the blue ribbon thing around the tree spreads magic like dust when you turn the havok sim on. But nothing happens to the two offset yellow boxes.

Hmmm could be Speedyg. Also I think things like fireflys and butterflys have those boxes too in the CS. Without having the mod I can`t check it.

You were right! It's a butterfly and a firefly. That was before I posted a screen shot. I had never seen the yellow box used before. Thanks everyone for your input. :D