DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

question about merging with gecko

l0new0lf331

hello again!

i was wondering about merging plugins with gecko.

when i tried merging all my armor mods,i merged them all with success,removed the .esp's from my data folder to make room,and when i went into game it said "this game relies on content no loger present"and none of the aromor's were there.so my question is this....do i remove the .esp's,hide them with wrye bash,or should i leave them in but inactive.thank you!

Any time you do a merge with Gecko, that's going to happen. The way the game works you can't expect to take several distinct mods, combine them together, and have everything work. Your save tracks everything in it by the names of the mods they came from, and in turn, each mod has a list of ID values that go with it. When you merged, all those IDs got consolidated into a single file under a new name. So the game has no choice but to treat it as an entirely different mod.

This is of course fine as long as you do the merge BEFORE you've started using the data. You can merge all you like there, with limits, and not have these kinds of problems. The second you begin doing so after having played with them for awhile, all bets are off and as you found, merging can end up being hazardous to your collection.

You can actually use Wrye Bash to redirect the plugin dependencies of your saves. It's hit or miss with merges, as you don't get to pick whether or not the FormID's are preserved or re-assigned, but it's worth a shot.

First, back up your saves just in case.

From the Saves tab, right-click on your most recent save. There will be a plugin list on the right. Right-click any that you merged, choose "Change to..." and point to the merged .esp. Then save your changes after each. That may rescue some of your items.

allright i'll try it again.need to clear up some slots now......267 mods total,33 merged(wrye bash)and about 25-30 of the mods armor mods.will first attempt merging and going into game to see if i just have to get it all back,if not i'll do the wyre bash thing,which is what i should probably do to preserve my save game.thanks guys!

edit.but what about the old(original)

.esp's?leave them,hide them,or remove from data folder?

Edited by l0new0lf331