DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Fun little memory test

_echo

An interesting fact about the human mind is we can only remember strings of things in groups of either 5, 7, or 9 items. We retain larger bits of information by the method of grouping.

Take Telephone numbers as an example. They consist of 10 numbers (Including area code, in the US), broken into 3 groups. IE: 619-447-6835 (Fake)

So, on to the test, to see how good your memory is. You will need someone's help for this.

1. Get a sheet of paper and a pen or pencil

2. Have your help write down 5 random digits. (0 through 9) Be sure they space them so they are not pre-grouped.

3. Have them show you the digits for 10 seconds. Do your best to memorize each individual number.

4. After the 10 seconds are up, recite the numbers in the order they were written.

5. Repeat the process 2 more times, but the next time, have them write 7 digits, then 9 digits.

So, lets hear how well you did. The average is 7, and on rare occasions, some people can remember 11 digits. Personally I am average at 7.

Based on trying to memorise formids, seems I can typically manage five; six I can do unreliably, often resulting in pairs of digits being reversed or worse, and seven or more is a real struggle. But I never claimed to have a good memory! At least I don't think I did. :lol: