DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Moving dialog and quests from one .esp to another

Mysterious Mr. Bear

Ok, so for the mod I'm working on, I am creating a "Demo" of some kind to display aspects of the mod and "earn my stripes" as you might say, before going for the full thing, and I was wondering about copying quests, dialog and scripts from the Demo esp to the real thing? Obviously, I could just clean the esp and use it as the final esp as well, but I often use seperate .eps to test things- it would be much easier if the quests and everything from a sucessful test could just be put into the main esp. I'm gusesing if anything can do this its TESgecko, but then, maybe there is some obvious way that I have not realised in the CS...

Hopefully this will get more replies that my LAST topic here, though, that was a rather obscure question to ask ;)

thanks in advance,

Mysterious Mr. Bear

What I do is set the ESP you want the stuff copied TO as the active plugin. The other one you are coping FROM you just load with yours.

Then you 'rename' the objects FROM the demo and when you save your TO ESP, they will become a part of that.

You now only have to load the TO plugin and the objects that you renamed will be there.

ah, now, I knew this worked for statics and characters (due to my nearly identical topic a month or so back ;)) but I had no idea it worked for sripts, dialog and quests. So literraly all I have to do is change the name of each quest, topic etc? If I copy a quest that relives on dialog, will that dialog also be copied?

Thank you for the swift reply!!

I'm sorry, I'm unsure about what counts as an Object. I presume this means that by renaming an NPC it will move dialog that NPC relies on, but does as "quest" also count as an object? So lets say I have a quest that requires you to talk to an NPC, and he will tell you to kill an ogre, and then come back to collect a reward. By renaming the NPC, the ogre, and the Quest, will it all function perfectly?

Sorry if Im missing something here, but when you say object it makes me thing of physical things with textures and meshes 0_o