DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Explosion effects anywhere?

Mysterious Mr. Bear

Hi guys, I hate topics like this but I really have looked all over...

Basicly what I want to do is have it so that a small house explodes into flames as if from a fire-bomb, but the normal oblivion explosions look pretty weak. Has anyone made an effect or animation of a decent explosion? I took a look around the fourms and the nexus and found nothing... an alternative would be a blinding white light, maybe.

Hope someone knows of something like this!

thanks,

Mysterious Mr. Bear

Hey guys,

Thats a good idea willie, would make the effect a bit more realistic.... didn't think of that!

You might want to take a look at Phitt's Explosives mod. Here's a link to it on Nexus. If I remember right, there's some pretty cool explosions in there and it's a modders resource.

Wow, that effect looks great! in collage atm :poke: so its a lil hard to get a good look, but I could deffinatly adapt the on that I saw... a sound effect can't be hard to come by either. :poke:

Thanks guys, will try these ideas when I get home :D

currently implimenting it now, but I've run into a few problems with your idea, williesea, just because I am a bit of a fool...

basicly I have the house called "AATBFRDcleanhouse" and a candleflame named "AATBFRDsmexfire". I also have an on touch fire spell marked to explode without a target called "AATBFRDsmallexpspell".

I then have put the candles around the outside of the house, and attached this script to them:

SCN AATBFRDsmexfire

short doonce1

Begin Gamemode

if [getstage AATBFRDexp == 10] && [doonce1 == 0]

cast AATBFRDsmallexpspell AATBFRDcleanhouse

set doonce1 to 1

endif

end

However, as expected, when the queststage is reached... nothing happens. Im guessing that I need to set a target to be an actor... but then how do I do THAT?

any help would be appreciated! :)

Mysterious Mr. Bear

EDIT:

I did that really annoying thing where you ask something then work it out seconds later -_- I now have ACTIVATORS as both casters and targets and it works well, but I can't choose the direction- it seems to be always strait down the minus Y axis. Anyway to fix this? :blush::)

Edited by Mysterious Mr. Bear

hmm... I belive I've got it working now by placing the activators inside the mesh of the wall of the building, so they detinate instantly anyway, but I will bear that in mind for the future :D

I now have the hard part- actually scripting it! I managed to get it working so that on entering the cell, it would setstage 5, then upon getting close to the building it would setstage 10 and therefor detinate the explosions.. but when I tried to add a timer so they didnt all go off at once, things started messing up. I dont know what went wrong but It would not recognise me entering the cell to update to queststage 5 anymore, even when I started a new game!! its really weird because I dont think that script block was even touched. Im at college (I do get my work done, I swear!) so I cant check, but I belive it was

begin gamemode

If [getstage AAMBexp <5] && [player. getincell AAMBxphouse == 1]

setstage AAMBexp 5

endif

Thats ok, right?

I am going to start a fresh install to test things properly when I get home and re-write the scripting from sratch, so hopefully it was just some weird incompatibility (despite it being the only mod activated :S)