DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

interupting a fall

Mysterious Mr. Bear

hi everyone,

basicly I'm creating a spell that will toss people into the air, then slam them down. The spell I made does this by having one effect that throws them into the air with pushactoraway, then resurrects them mid air and pushes them back down again. This works perfectly... but it obviously resets their health!

The reason the ressurect is there is to interupt the fall- you cant use pushactoraway on a falling actor. I tried working around this with complicated scripts invovling recording the targets health fatigue and magicka, but then the spell just stop working (is there something that limits script effects to a number of lines?) so I thought if there was some other way to innterupt a fall it would work the same...

Any help appriecated,

Mysterious Mr. Bear :rofl::)

EDIT:

forgot to add, when falling they are in a rag-doll state, this is what i need to interrupt...

Edited by Mysterious Mr. Bear

Hi guys,

sadly playgroup didn't effect anything- is there a more forcefull way to... well, force an animation? that will ignore ragdoll mode?

Currently the spell has two effects:

Lift:

ref target

Begin scripteffectstart

set target to getself

target. pushawayactor target 100

end

and Slam, duriation 1 second:
ref target

begin scripteffectfinish

set target to getself

target. resurrect 1

target. pushawayactor target -1000

end

It's split into two effects just for simplicity... I tried to change the second effect to
ref target

short thealth

Begin scripteffectfinish

set target to getself

set thealth to [getav health -20]

Target. resurrect 1

Target. modav2 health thealth

Target. Pushawayactor target -1000

end

but then the target is simply thrown into the air and nothing else happens... is there something that limits scripteffect script sizes?

You say about using scripteffectupdate.... how would I time that so all the effects didn't happen at once?

Thanks,

Mysterious Mr. Bear :rofl::D

scripteffectstart and scripteffectfinish run only one time and no more. So you cannot time anything in them other than at the start and the end of the spell.

scripteffectupdate runs during the time between start and finish. There is an 'elapsed seconds passed' command you use in this block to know how much time has passed. But the wiki and the beth site appear to be down now so I can't check for the block command.

problem solved!!!!

The issue with the restore health script was that I was using the wrong brackets!!! apprently [] and () are two very difernt things in scripting....

For the record as well, for anyone reading out of interest, the end formula that worked for maintaing stats and reducing health upon slam down was:

scn AAMBELtornadoSLAMscript2

ref target

float thealth

float tfatigue

float tmagicka

begin scripteffectfinish

player. modav2 fatigue -20

set thealth to (getav health) - (getbaseav health) - 30

set tfatigue to (getav fatigue) - (getbaseav fatigue) 

set tmagicka to (getav magicka) - (getbaseav magicka)

Target. resurrect 1

Target. modav2 health thealth 

Target. modav2 fatigue tfatigue

Target. modav2 magicka tmagicka

Target. pushactoraway target -1000

end

Thanks for everyones patience, hopefully someone with similar obscure ideas will benifit from this post...

Mysterious Mr. Bear :rofl::D