DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Bizarre Bug in CS

the-manta

Earlier today I was working on a mod, cluttering an interior cell. I dragged an item into the render window fairly hastily. The camera had a brief crazy moment, and when it righted itself The Bug had appeared. Essentially The Bug prevents you from clicking on ANYTHING in the render window. You can still marquee select, but from there there is nothing else you can do, clicking on the object has no effect, so you cant move, rotate, resize (or do pretty much anything to) the object. Now here's the really wierd part: only that cell is affected; I can go to a different interior and do as I please, then if I return to the first cell, it is as I left it, unclickable. I've tried closing and reopening the CS, but to no avail. Does anyone have any idea what causes this bug, or more importantly, how to fix it?

EDIT: oops, sorry for the mispelling in the title!

Edited by the-manta

Only thing I can think of is to open your plugin with TES4Edit and trawl through the cell to see if there's anything obviously amiss. Might be something with weird coordinates or some such, though that's complete speculation; but if nothing else I guess at least you might be able to find the offending object and delete it, then re-open it in CS.

I see that kind of behavior when I have a properties window open for one of the objects in the cell sometimes.... closing and re-opening the CS would fix that though..... I would think......

Does the CS remember what windows you have open for specific cells when you close/re-open? I didn't think so....

I closed and reopened the programme AGAIN and I had a happy moment when I thought it was fixed. But it wasn't. Turns out it doesn't affect teleport markers, xmarkers and the like whatsoever. Everything else though :crybaby: I guess I'll have to take a look with TES4 edit (actually I don't have that, but gecko does the same stuff right?). This is rather frustrating...

TES4Edit is more reliable than Gecko for this sort of thing, and offers more options on what to do with it. It's a strange bug though, one I've never heard of happening before. ONLY in one cell? Definitely has to be something that got whacked in there. Worst case? You may have to excise the whole cell and start it over, but that's surely better than having to rebuilt an entire mod, yes?

I had that happen to me once, and it was from quickly trying to drag stuff to the window. I have since then learned to take it slow and easy.

Did you try to make a duplicate of the cell and see if you can edit it? Or, if you remember what you were adding when it went on the fritz, you could use the Object Window to remove those objects and perhaps the cell would become editable again.

I had that happen to me once, and it was from quickly trying to drag stuff to the window. I have since then learned to take it slow and easy.

Did you try to make a duplicate of the cell and see if you can edit it? Or, if you remember what you were adding when it went on the fritz, you could use the Object Window to remove those objects and perhaps the cell would become editable again.

Well I guess it's good to know I'm not the first person this has happened to. Those are also excellent ideas. I'll try them both, and then if that doesn't work I'll have to fire up TES4edit or Gecko.

EDIT: It worked :crybaby: Thanks so much Willie. I deleted the offending object in the Object View window, and now all is well! I would love to know what was actually going on though :candle: Oh well, at least I know how to fix it now :woohoo:

Edited by the-manta