DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Texture Filepaths

Halperin

Hey everyone,

I've been downloading some resources and want to package all the meshes and textures into my own folders, like Halperin/MyMod/Texture/Armortexture. However, the meshes use textures according to their filepath, so an Armor mesh would only be able to use a texture from Bob/Mod/Texture/Armortexture, and not Halperin/MyMod/Texture/Armortexture. I know you use Nifskope to somehow change it, and I feel like I've seen tutorial around here, but I haven't been able to find it. Can anybody direct me to a tutorial / explain to me how to change texture filepaths?

Unless you plan on making new textures to create new nifs, IMO you should leave the directory structure like it is. I always say so in my readmes for 2 reasons:

1- it keeps the data folder "clean", meaning you wont have unnecessary duplicates.

2- if an update is released, all mods using the original meshes/textures will be updated.

Theres also another self-evident reason, with each author having its own folder, things are easier to find. But like i said, thats my opinion.