DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[RELz] Pack Donkeys

emma

Packdonkeys

- featuring Mr_Siilka's packdonkey models

Download at TESAlliance

Description

===========

At the Chorrol stables, you can now buy up to three packdonkeys - Groucho, Chico and Harpo.

They will follow you everywhere, including through dungeon crawling and into your home, so you better tell them when you don't want them to tag along!

Each of them are carrying two containers, so you can keep your loot sorted.

You can reward your donkeys with apples and carrots in order to keep them happy.

They are essential, and as for healing, they have an ability that makes them slowly auto-heal over time.

They each come with their own summon-spell, so you don't have to worry about that they get lost.

The donkeys are pack-animals, not fighters. In general, they will only fight to defend themselves and then return to peaceful again. Unless you are using mods that adds new enemies who don't have "standard" faction belongings (FCOM, MMM, OOO), it is not likely that your donkeys will get attacked very often.

Don't bring them to Oblivion planes! I have deliberately removed the code to secure their return from these areas, simply because I felt it would be against the Cyrodiilic laws regarding cruelty towards animals to bring them there at all! If you bring them there and they'll disappear, they will show up again, but you'll have to buy them once more in order to get access to their inventories. You deserve that!

Install

=======

Just drop the esp and the bsa in your Oblivion/Data folder. Don't forget to check the mod when starting the game!

Credits

=======

Mr_Siilka - creator of the packdonkey resource, available with his Farm Animal mod, http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=14265

CDCooley - the scripting is hacked, slashed and reworked from his scripting for Wolfgang in our Companion Vilja mod.

Amgepo, Blockhead, Crashpilot - testing, troubeshooting and feedback.

Terry Pratchett - owner and tester of Humphrey, my original packdonkey from whome these three were cloned.

Usage

===============

- The main home of this mod is on my web-site,http://lovkullen.net/Emma/index.htm. If you have received this mod from any other source it may not be the latest version!!

- Please do not upload any versions, current or altered, of this mod anywhere without my knowledge and agreement.

- Please do not include this mod in any compilation without my knowledge and agreement!

- Should something happen so that the mod is no longer available on the net, please try and contact me. In case you have been unable to reach me for more than one month, please feel free to upload this mod IN ITS CURRENT STATE to one of the public Elder Scrolls download sites. Please send an e-mail or PM to me to notify on this!

- the packdonkey models are modders resources, made by Mr_Siilka, see link in credits section.

- Emma

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have updated this mod to ver 1.1, as it turned out that the three donkeys were a bit, well, overly unpredictable...

In this version 1.1, the command Wait will make the donkeys wait exactly where they are, and they will behave like reliable packdonkeys. One further command, Relax has been added. With this command, the donkeys will behave like previously, i.e. wander around, occasionally stalking npcs who happen to carry carrots or apples and be generally unreliable but hopefully also a little bit amusing (those accustomed to the old behaviour has actually asked me to keep it as an option, so I guess it means there is some charm with a donkey who has some personality and shows sign of border-line-criminal behaviour )

I can tell already that I'm going to have a lot of fun with this!

I had one of these helpful dudes in Morrowind, following me around and holding all my loot. I was actually tempted to see if I couldn't cobble together some understanding of how the ones in Morrowind were scripted and try to make it work for Oblivion, but now I don't have to!

Which is good... because every time I try to script, I'm fairly certain that an Angel gets mauled by angry grizzly bears.

• 1 month later...