DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Game flashes when I've been hit

jaggedbubbles

This is a total game breaker for me. It seems whenever I get hit by an enemy, my screen flashes. I can only describe it as the camera doesn't know whether to stay in first person or go to third, and it skips between the two. I have a small clip of it.

WARNING: Do not watch the clip if you're photosensitive and/or prone to seizures. I'm serious.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5751466/omg.wmv

~60mb .wmv file

What, if anything, can I do to fix this? I just got a new video card (meaning new drivers), and I just got DarNified UI. Nothing else has changed, I think.

What's your video card, and also posting a load order might help.

Did it just start with the new card?

Yeah, just installed a new 560GTX Ti. I uninstalled and reinstalled Oblivion because of some other issues I was having that seemed to have fixed themselves with the fresh install.

This is my current load order.

Windfall.esm

CM Partners.esm

Oblivion.esm

Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp

The Lost Spires.esp

DarknessHollows.esp

TOTF.esp

RTT.esp

HeartOftheDead.esp

Windfall.esp

TheOubliette.esp

Vergayun.esp

LostSwordOfTheAylied.esp

LostSwordOfTheAylied - OBSE Add-On.esp

CuteElf11.esp

Moonshadow Elves - Sc.esp

CSC RM CW EL.esp

n_Dywyll_Elves.esp

cassie_completehairandeyes.esp

X.Dark.Elf.esp

Salutrian Elves.esp

tkHairPack01.esp

ImpeREAL City Unique Districts - All the Districts - Merged.esp

xulPantherRiver.esp

xulBeachesOfCyrodiilLostCoast.esp

xulAncientRedwoods.esp

xulLushWoodlands.esp

xulTheHeath.esp

xuldarkforest.esp

LostSpires-DarkForest patch.esp

xulSkingradOutskirts.esp

xulRiverEthe.esp

xulBrenaRiverRavine.esp

xulChorrolHinterland.esp

xulAncientYews.esp

xulFallenleafEverglade.esp

LostSpires-Everglade patch.esp

XulEntiusGorge.esp

xulColovianHighlands_EV.esp

xulImperialIsle.esp

xulCheydinhalFalls.esp

xulRollingHills_EV.esp

xulArriusCreek.esp

xulBravilBarrowfields.esp

xulCloudtopMountains.esp

xulBlackwoodForest.esp

xulSnowdale.esp

xulAspenWood.esp

xulCliffsOfAnvil.esp

Ancient Elven Sorcerer - EV.esp

Natural_Weather_by_Max_Tael_RD.esp

the_core_apocalypse.esp

organics.esp

butterfly.esp

rune.esp

EshmesBodies_English.esp

Nightshade_Armor.esp

GhostArmor.esp

EY_Vampirehunter.esp

LKF_EY_Vampirehunter.esp

Argent Iron Armor.esp

GizmodianSorceress.esp

DarkRoseSet.esp

Get Wet.esp

Acolyte_Of_Kynareth_HGEC.esp

ScriptIcon_Replacer.esp

UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp

Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp

Hmm, not sure where you pulled that load order to post it, or if you typed it manually, but it's extremely out of order and I'm surprised it works at all. Do you use BOSS?

I also suggest you get Wrye Bash and use a bashed patch, especially for all those hair/eye mods.

That said, have you updated the drivers for the new card?

Open the NVIDIA control panel, under Control Panel > Hardware and Sound. Make sure Ambient Occlusion is off and Anti-Aliasing Mode is set as application controlled under Manage 3D settings. Under the Program Settings tab make sure Oblivion is included.

Did you also delete your old Oblivion.ini file when you re-installed?

I want to second all of Hana's suggestions, and wish to add that the Oblivion ini should be regenerated after you install a new piece of hardware to your rig so the game can compensate for the change... Also, just out of curiosity, have you installled the Oblivion Graphics Extender OBSE plugin as well?

Hmm, not sure where you pulled that load order to post it, or if you typed it manually, but it's extremely out of order and I'm surprised it works at all. Do you use BOSS?I also suggest you get Wrye Bash and use a bashed patch, especially for all those hair/eye mods.That said, have you updated the drivers for the new card? Open the NVIDIA control panel, under Control Panel > Hardware and Sound. Make sure Ambient Occlusion is off and Anti-Aliasing Mode is set as application controlled under Manage 3D settings. Under the Program Settings tab make sure Oblivion is included.Did you also delete your old Oblivion.ini file when you re-installed?

I haven't really messed with the load order since the re-install. I suppose that could be the cause of some of the issues. :blink:

EDIT: I ran BOSS, and it seems now the OblivionLauncher just launches launcher again when I hit 'play'. Investigating.

Drivers are up to date as I just put the card in.

Oblivion.ini was backed up then deleted. The game couldn't detect my video card, and when I set it to do any sort of Antialiasing, the main title menu would not load.

I want to second all of Hana's suggestions, and wish to add that the Oblivion ini should be regenerated after you install a new piece of hardware to your rig so the game can compensate for the change... Also, just out of curiosity, have you installled the Oblivion Graphics Extender OBSE plugin as well?

I tried OGE before the new card but couldn't get it to work.

Edited by jaggedbubbles

Don't run Antialiasing from the game.

If you really want it, just set your video card to do it automatically for you.

Ah yes, I learned to do this an hour after posting. I don't really notice a difference between in-game AA and forced card AA so it works out in the end!

Also, to get OBSE to load with the Steam version of Oblivion, you need to enable the in-game community setting.

Are you sure about that? I've noticed that, if disabled, the menu shows up. If I enable in-game, the menus does not show up. I haven't noticed any issues thus far with any mods requiring OBSE having issues with the in-game community disabled.

Edited by jaggedbubbles