DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Female face meshes!! Driving me crazy!!

GothGirlDanielle

Awhile back, I posted a question on the Bethesda forum about the shadows on female character faces in Oblivion. I was told it was a texture issue and was referred to high rez Imperial face texture by CapsAdmin. In addition I'm using New Face Textures by Enayla and Beautiful People (Better Redguard edition).

Yes, even with the high rez texture, I'm getting green and gray facial shadows.

Imperial Female face with CapsAdmin texture.

High Elf face with CapsAdmin texture.

Imperial Face without texture.

High Elf face without texture.

The high elf face is the very best I can do to eliminate the gray/green shadow. Most high elf faces are worse, with large paches of green on the sides. And of the races, frankly, these are the best. On Breton Females, it looks like beard stubble. On Nords, it looks have a racoon-eyed sunburn.

Tell me there's a solution for this. Can I open the mesh with NifScope and remove the shadows ...

~ Dani ~ :)

Edited by GothGirlDanielle

I use CapsAdmin's smooth egt (which isn't a texture- it belongs in the mesh folder) and those aren't the results I get at all. I don't use Enayla's textures though, I use Navetsea's- the ones included with his body textures. I can't link to them because of nekkid-ity. :D

Install order for folks who never mess with these things, if they're curious

1- Smooth egt for vanilla races by CapsAdmin. I rename the egt to headhuman.egt and drop it in the meshes/characters/Imperial folder.

2- install IFT by shady tradesmen. This installs good quality age maps, as well as texture improvements for all the races.

3- install Navetsea's face textures. This will overwrite some of the textures from IFT, but not the agemaps, which is what I want.

4- this might be a placebo effect, but I'll post it anyway. I then doublecheck my Archive Invalidation method, and use OBMM to reset BSA timestamps. Then I start a new game to test the results.

Try these steps with Enayla's, and maybe they will help?

Thanks for the tips, Greenie. Can you provide a name for us to search Nexus for Navetsea's? I tried searching and nothing came up. Or are they not on Nexus?

I find I get a rather pronounced golden lip effect with Enayla's, so I'd like to try a different set of textures.

Absolutely, I can- the name of the mod is "F-INevOblivion skinset for EC and HGEC". If you use advanced search and look for the author "navetsea", it will come up, but you'll need to be logged in and adult content must be allowed. :)

The body textures are for HGEC et al, but of course the face textures work fine with Robert's male, as well as FF.

I find I get a rather pronounced golden lip effect with Enayla's, so I'd like to try a different set of textures.

Same here. The textures are still very pretty, but these days I like a slightly more natural, less matte-makeup look overall.

Great! I never would have found that since I use Robert's Male and Female - I never would have thought anything in HGEC would be compatible.

Well, the female body textures definitely will not work, but the face textures will be fine. There might be some color differences- I don't use Robert's female so I don't know what the coloration of the female body textures lean toward, ie- sallow or ruddy, warm or cool, etc. If it is really pronounced, then a little tinting in GIMP or Photoshop can fix it.

I use CapsAdmin's smooth egt (which isn't a texture- it belongs in the mesh folder) and those aren't the results I get at all. I don't use Enayla's textures though, I use Navetsea's- the ones included with his body textures. I can't link to them because of nekkid-ity. :D

Install order for folks who never mess with these things, if they're curious

1- Smooth egt for vanilla races by CapsAdmin. I rename the egt to headhuman.egt and drop it in the meshes/characters/Imperial folder.

2- install IFT by shady tradesmen. This installs good quality age maps, as well as texture improvements for all the races.

3- install Navetsea's face textures. This will overwrite some of the textures from IFT, but not the agemaps, which is what I want.

4- this might be a placebo effect, but I'll post it anyway. I then doublecheck my Archive Invalidation method, and use OBMM to reset BSA timestamps. Then I start a new game to test the results.

Try these steps with Enayla's, and maybe they will help?

Okay, I knew my brain was going to mush but now it's confirmed.

You're correct, I mistyped. Yes, the smooth egt for vanilla races by CapsAdmin is a mesh, not a texture. And I did have it installed correctly - in the meshes/characters/Imperial folder, per the instructions. Otherwise, it wouldn't have worked at all, and I'd see no difference between the two faces.

And, unfortunatley for me, I'm also using IFT by shady tradesmen.

And I'm pretty confident that my Archive Invalidation is working.

So that leaves ... textures. And now that I know a little about texturing, that actually makes some sense. I'll try to find the textures you mentioned and give them a go.

Thanks for the help.

~ Dani ~ :)

Edited by GothGirlDanielle