DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Temple of the Ancestor Moth Overhall

Lady_Nerevar

Been working on this for a while, figured I'd make an official topic. The mod seeks to make the Temple of the Ancestor Moth look like an epic temple full of moths who can read the future. Besides the aesthetic changes, the Thieves Guild dungeon part of the temple has also been completely renovated to look more like an actual retreat for ancient, powerful priests rather than a pitch black dungeon. I'm trying to great it towards sneaky characters, and I'd love for input on what you'd like to see.

Progress:

Exterior - 100%

Interiors - 80%

• Simultaneum (thats the chapel church thing) - 100% basically the same as the old one, but more detailed.
  • Thieve's Guild Dungeon - 90% Done, but I'll be adding more detail as I go along.
  • Temple proper - 70% The Narthex and library need aditional detailing, but otherwise done.
  • Monk's Quarters - 60% Technically totally finished, but I plan to make new models that will require some backpedaling.
  • Crypt - 100% basically the same as the original, only more detailed. The entrance to the dungeon has been moved to the temple proper.

NPCs/AI - 30% the AI from Oblivion works, but some of it needs to be changed to work with the new layout. More NPCs will be added.

Dialog/Quests - 30% Thieve's Guild quest has been updated to reflect the new dungeon. Still need to write dialog for the new NPCs.

Screenshots (most of these have undergone some changes):

The exterior

gallery_416_194_111103.jpg

gallery_416_194_337190.jpg

The Thieves Guild dungeon

gallery_416_194_36022.jpg

gallery_416_194_31695.jpg

gallery_416_194_82064.jpg

gallery_416_194_55108.jpg

gallery_416_194_124147.jpg

gallery_416_194_77098.jpg

gallery_416_194_65778.jpg

gallery_416_194_106484.jpg

The Simultaneum

gallery_416_194_110849.jpg

The library

gallery_416_194_24570.jpg

gallery_416_194_34293.jpg

gallery_416_194_144556.jpg

Living quarters

gallery_416_194_50813.jpg

gallery_416_194_151845.jpg

I'm disappointed every time I do that quest, generally just sneak right through with no confrontations at all, though the first time I "Had" to go back and kill then all just to see if they "Might" have been tough. :shrug:

Looking Gorgeous so far... :thumbup:

A bit of an update.

Been working on the middle section of the dungeon. Decided to try and make it inspired by Assassin's Creed, with climbing and stuff. Not as elaborate as AC, of course, but still fun I think. Also working in the cave tileset in a non gridsnap, nonlinear fashion, which I find is more fun and more organic. Hoping to use the under appreciated chargen tileset as well.

gallery_416_194_124147.jpg

gallery_416_194_55108.jpg

I also figured I needed something for the player to fight/avoid that was not a moth priest. I decided to indulge the ancestor in "Ancestor Moths" and make an ancestral spirit dressed in the Nibenean fashion.

gallery_416_194_91656.jpg

What? No vicious moths :lmao: in all seriousness though, the ancestor spirit is pretty awesome (and I'm a little jealous of his funky dressing gown >.> ). I also have to agree with you about the chargen tileset, and your use of caves- both are excellent :D

Wonderful work as ever :clap:

• 3 months later...

Work is progressing well. Cluttering the library and living areas is a pain, but its coming along. Also still working on a maze-like area for the dungeon, which involves both new models and clever uses of old ones. Its the last major thing I need to build for the dungeon, after that its just cluttering and polishing.

Screenshots!

gallery_416_194_34293.jpg

gallery_416_194_24570.jpg

gallery_416_194_151845.jpg

gallery_416_194_50813.jpg

I've made plenty of houses, but never a house mod. Its not something that I personally use :shrug: I can try my hand at one if you want.

If it's not something that interests you, don't make yourself do it, I was just pointing out your considerable decorative skill :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finished up the dungeon :) I'll be adding more detail later on, but it is now fully functional. Now I've just got to test how it all works with the quest.

Screenshots below. I've hidden them, since they feature locations towards the end of the dungeon.

gallery_416_194_77098.jpg

gallery_416_194_65778.jpg

gallery_416_194_106484.jpg

The fires (with the exception of the blue ones) and the lamp are scripted. They start as turned off, and can be turned on by the player. The dungeon is realistically dark - don't forget to bring a torch!