DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Items disappearing when Player Home Cell respawns

GothGirlDanielle

There's probably a really simple reason things are doing this, but here goes:

I have a player home. It has four cells: main floor, basement, upper level, magic room. Nothing too significant, just my home. I'm using COBL and COBL Thirst. I'm also using SPAWN.

I go to a merchant and buy a water keg and a bedroll. I put them in my house but, of course, not in a container. A couple of days later, I re-enter the cell . . . and they're gone. Same with the COBL trashcans I bought. Anything in a container is okay. Anything on the floor, like the water keg, is gone.

Anyone have an idea why this happening? Thanks,

~ Dani ~ :)

Could be non-persistant items in the cell. Since I dont use COBL or SPAWN (whatever that is) I don't know what they do. The mod called 'SPAWN' sound suspicious.

Or, since the interior cell can be deemed a 'container', when its respawned, its 'empied and refilled to default'. I know when I force an interior cell reset in script, it resets all the objects in the cell.

Hmm.. It's likely related to SPAWN.... From what I'm reading (just from on the Nexus page), timestamps for interiors get recalc'ed in hours every visit.

I'm honestly not sure, though, as I've never had this happen.

Perhaps look through the SPAWN ini? Wish I could help more...

SPAWN is a mod that changes the automatic 3 day Oblivion respawning to a variable, player set number of hours.

I don't know that COBL is the culprit because I think the bedroll came from Real Fatigue.

Do all cells in Oblivon respawn? For example, if I buy a player house - the Waterfront shack - does the entire cell respawn or just containers within the cell. I opened the CS and I didn't any way to make "cells" persistent, just items within the cell.

~ Dani ~ :)

Edit: thanks . . . I'm looking through SPAWNs .ini now . . .

. . . changed .ini and testing . . .

Edited by GothGirlDanielle

If SPAWN forces the respawn of a cell outside the normal game engine route, I suppose it could set the cell back to default. That would not include 'containers' in the cell, just the cell itself. The container would need to be reset as well for it to 'respawn'. I guess depending on how SPAWN does it depends on what is reset. The containers might still be on the normal game engine schedule. :shrug: