DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Landscaper's Little Helper

Beana

Name: Landscaper's Helper

Version: 2

Date: 4/19/2011

Category: Resources

Author: Beana, Insanity Sorrow

Forum: tesalliance.org/forums

HomePage: tesalliance.org

UPDATED: Fixed 2 Flora pictures named incorrectly and added VipersBugloss. Thanks so much AndalayBay for catching that for me!!!! :hugs: all you have to do is re-dl the LLHFloraAddin folder and replace. :)

=================

Requirements:

=================

Oblivion 1.2.416

.Net Framework 3.0

=================

Description:

=================

Have you ever started landscaping your mod and found out the texture you used doesn't look at all as you thought it would in game.... Or do you use a high rez texture pack that doesn't show up in the CS (thanks Stoney :)) I think this will help.

This is a pet project of mine that I would like to share to make it a little more interesting while landscaping. Since most of the textures don't show up in the CS as they do in game.... I think it would be a lot more fun to see them all in game... thus giving you more control over what textures you want. It also might make you use ones that you wouldn't think to because of the names, or of the testing time it takes going in and out of game. I took screenies of all landscaping textures and flora in the CS and individually labeled them. Each texture is taken on a base of AnvilSand01. I also took the textures that are underwater and sand in and out of water so you can see the difference. I hope this helps!! I plan on adding more to this maybe trees and bushes if anyone feels they would be a great addition. *Edit Bushes and Trees will be added soon. If there are more requests please let me know!

If anyone finds a mistake... were all human. Let me know and I will fix it :wub:

UPDATE: InsanitySorrow to the rescue!! This makes my little project so much more enjoyable to view!!! Instead of paging through pictures, this perfect little app allows you to view them and enlarge them!!! Thank you so much IS for making this. Its awesome!!!!

=================

Details:

=================

Just a folder full of in game screenies of every landscaping texture available and flora in Vanilla... and an app that allows you to scroll through each picture and enlarge if needed.

=================

Installation

=================

Usage:

1) Install the folder wherever you want. Just make sure LLHImages and Landscapers Little Helper app are in the same folder or both on your desktop.

2) You can place the Landscapers Little Helper icon on your desktop or anywhere you want.

3) Run the application

4) Poof!!! Toggle between Flora and Landscaping to see all the textures.

=================

Un-Installation:

=================

Delete the folder.. lol

=================

=================

Beana on TESA

InsanitySorrow on TESA

=================

Please do not re-host this file without our explicit permission.

DOWNLOAD

gallery_1060_90_79104.jpg

Awesome little utility. Is there any chance of a version of this that uses QTP3 textures for landscape?

Adding to Arthmoors idea,instead of using a library of texture images,could the app be utilised to show the actual texture that is in your Data folder ?That way whatever textures you use,be it QTP or Amps etc,the preview you see would be the actual texture that will be painted.

* runs for cover after thinking of the time Beana spent on editing preview images* :D

That doesn't really sound feasible, especially in cases where (like me) the user has incorporated those textures into the BSA files instead of leaving them loose.

Besides, it seems obvious enough that it has to be screenshotted in game anyway. That alone means it takes some huge time and effort just to get the images.

Arthmoor I am honored that you find it useful!!!!! It really makes me happy that you all have commented, thanks!!! Stoney I think thats impossible no?

I will do the QTP3 textures if you think my lappy can handle it... here is the specification sheet for my lappy..

My link

So far I just did a new install.. instead of reinstalling for the millionth time with a hodgepodge of OB and expansion disks and my D2D SI I bought the entire thing on Steam and its been working wonderfully!!!

Suggestion for an expansion, although you'll have to rename it :D

Could you add a picture of the static meshes? My main focus is things like carpets, tapestries, chairs and stuff. But the static ones under WorldObjects - Static because the CS doesn't display any kind of image for those. I think the building meshes would be too big and too many of them...

Hmmm, that's odd. Well I fixed it by deleting the duplicate image in LLHFlora and renaming the one that pointed to the correct picture - that's all that's needed. I had Vipers Blugloss that was the right plant but wrong name. I also had Vipers Bugloss which is the right name, but was actually a picture of a tomato plant. It looks like IS's little program just scans the folder and displays all the images there.

Yes it does, it scans the chosen folder, lists all the images and keeps track of certain things like the image name and path which are then used to correctly display it. I could have it read in the list and check for duplicates if that's needed, but it wouldn't avoid any naming errors. If you have any app suggestions. please mention them :)

Edit: Seems the typo on Vipers Bugloss is still there, I DL'd the latest version:

LLHTypo.jpg

Edit 2: CwazyBean, did yous upload the new version of the app yet?, Tis a nice upgrade from teh last :D, For anyone wondering, I updated the app, made a few changes:

• Full Preview box can now be resized
  • Full Size View button renamed to Full Preview
  • Tool Tips added
  • Full Preview now shows current selected image in the top bar
  • Texture List now supposts double click for larger views