DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Script needing check over please

DsoS

SCN aaDSoSFNSCave15DustFallScript

;Suppose to make DustFall constant. This is to make it seem like the ceiling could collapse at anytime.

float timer

short DustFall

Begin GameMode

if Player.Getincell aaDSoSFNSCaves05 && DustFall == 0

set timer to 0.5

playgroup forward 0

set DustFall to 1

endif

End

Begin GameMode

if DustFall == 1

if timer > 0

set timer to timer - getSecondsPassed

else

Reset3DState

Set DustFall to 0

endif

endif

End

I don't think I'm doing this script right, it doesn't seem to work properly.

This is suppose to release the DustFall continuously (or near), this is attached to a custom DustFall FX Activator.

Could I get help with this please?

never tried changing animation loops in NifSkope.

Got any pointers on how to do that?

Not really something you'd want to have ot do if you've never played with animations in nifskope before, so I did it up quickly for you:

IF you want ot know the details, changed the NiControllerSequence name to Idle and cycle type to CYCLE_LOOP

If you put that mesh in-game now it will constatnly loop the falling dust over and over without any scripts.

dustfallingbits01.nif

DsoS -

it's easy, you can do that yourself faster ;]

- just open up fxdustfall02.nif in Nifskope,

- search for NiControllerManager branch and expand it,

- search for NiControllerSequence block and change its name from Forward to Idle

- with NiControllerSequence block still selected look at its details window and change value of Cycle Type there from CYCLE_CLAMP to CYCLE_LOOP

- save the changes and there you have it ;]

Not really, that's the message I got many times when working with particles like will 'o wisps and others.

It started to show after I upgraded NifSkope to some newer version, but never bothered with that as everything is saved fine and works in game later.