DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Ghost buildings....

filledb

Hi Folks. I have a small problem which I could use a bit of advice on.

First off, the background; I made a hideout just outside of Weye using all the principles as outlined in the >Construction Set Basics< tutorials. The house was a success, I furnished it, populated it with 2 NPCs from the >NPCs & AI< tutorials and everything was totally groovy. Then I got a bit more ambitious so I built a maid's shack just up the hill, put in a sheepfold, dropped a flock of sheep in the environs then transferred one of the NPCs outside to act as a shepherd, Things just got better and better ('cept for the shepherd going on a murderous frenzy every now and then and slaughtering one of the poor sheep):

The a funny thing happened, there are 2 houses, 2 sheepfolds, 2 doors, 2 everything. So when I make a modification to the height of the house for landscaping purposes, everything goes pear shaped.

Now I suspect that the maid's hut was the root of the problem. I did the interior of the 1st house, found the grid where I wanted to put it, "claimed" the cell, placed the house and everything worked.

I did the interior of the 2nd building, the maid's hut, then dropped the exterior into the same cell as the 1st house. Then I noticed the dupliicates of all the external things I placed.

I am a bit confused as to what I have done wrong.......

Peace

Fille

When you did the maid's house did you use a new esp or did you just edit your original esp that you started with?

It almost sounds like you used the original and changed the name so there's dupes of everything for the cell. :shrug:

When you did the maid's house did you use a new esp or did you just edit your original esp that you started with?

It almost sounds like you used the original and changed the name so there's dupes of everything for the cell. :shrug:

What I did was first off I made my abandoned farm hideout as hideout.esp complete with interior and exterior.

Then later, I created the maid's hut. The interior has a specific ID and I just dropped the exterior into the existing hideout.esp

But now that I think about it, there are 2 .esp so you are prolly right.

So the question then would be if you are building mulitiple houses (castles whatever) in a cell(s) then you could have as many separate interiors as you like each with it's unique ID and as many exteriors but all saved within the framework of one .esp

This makes sense.

Thanks

Peace

Fille

So the question then would be if you are building mulitiple houses (castles whatever) in a cell(s) then you could have as many separate interiors as you like each with it's unique ID and as many exteriors but all saved within the framework of one .esp

You would use one esp and all you're changes and additions would be included in that esp. Just give every interior exterior a unique ID.. :)

Yep, you just set your original .esp as the active file to keep editing it and adding things to it. My currents .esp has over 200 interior cells, all unique and hundreds of exterior cells as well. :yes:

:o:shock::scary:

.... I don't think I'm going to complain about my 35-40 interior cells that I have to clutter and path... Your crazy DR!