DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPZ/RELZ] Ghorak's House - yet another house mod

Citrus

Ghorak's House

My first house mod is finally ready for a proper release. The result of the TESA CS Basics classes, the final exam and DarkRider's patience, Ghorak's house introduces a new player house in Anvil, fully furnished, sporting a day/night cycle, toggleable lights, safe containers (almost everywhere), custom armour and weapons (for those who bother to look) and next to everyone's favourite vanilla house, Benirus Manor*.

It has been tested on a vanilla install of oblivion and everything worked like a charm. Mod's clean and ready to rumble so if you like free houses, or if you like Anvil, you should give this a go, even if it's just to say I did a poor job. There are a few setsbacks, though: compatibility with other mods. It hasn't been tested with any city overhauls nor with any of the Benirus Manor overhauls. Same goes for COBL and All Natural. All of them, except for COBL, cannot be made compatible, at least on my machine, because it simply cannot handle them. It already chugs along in vanilla oblivion so you can only imagine what would happen if I booted All Natural, for instance. For now, it will be hosted exclusively at TES Alliance; once the patches are ready, TES Nexus, PES and possibly ORE will be the hosts of this mod.

Anyone interested in assisting me with these patches is welcome to do so. I'll take care of the COBL one myself, when I have time (things are hectic with the finals right now) and may work on the other ones to, if needs be. If you want to know more, but not much more, head to the mod's page and give it a go. Leave some feedback there or in here; either place is good. I want to know if there are any places I can better.

Mirrors:

TES Nexus

*if Benirus Manor is not your favourite vanilla house, well... then it should be.

I shouldn't think it would take much to make a compatibility patch for Better Benirus Manor, so I'll get that to you probably today. :) It will already be compatible for anyone using an Interior Only version of Better Benirus Manor without a patch. And since I'll be at it anyways, an All Natural patch would only take a second, so I'll send that with it.

I shouldn't think it would take much to make a compatibility patch for Better Benirus Manor, so I'll get that to you probably today. :) It will already be compatible for anyone using an Interior Only version of Better Benirus Manor without a patch. And since I'll be at it anyways, an All Natural patch would only take a second, so I'll send that with it.

Thanks a lot ;). If you look in the mod, you'll probably see some missing icons. They're there, but they don't show. They showed the first time I tested it but didn't show now. I probably screwed up something while making them but they'll be included in full once all the patches are taken care of. It's a small thing, though.

You can PM me the patches and I'll include them in the mod as well as your name on the credits.