DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Cell 0,0 Problem

Antiscamp

I am having problems with my cell 0,0.

The problem is that I get NPC's falling to their deaths from the skies. Only in cell 0,0 and only NPC's that should be in outside cells all over my island. To further make this problem even more interesting, the mod works perfectly on my computer, while on my beta-playtester Tamira's system, the problem persists. She has done a clean save and all before using my latest update of my mod.

Can anyone tell me anything that might help solve it?

Tamira has kindly supplied a screenshot.

th_Falling01.jpg

The problem will sort itself in your game eventually, since my NPC's are on respawn. That means they will eventually end up where they're supposed to be, but this problem is really annoying. I dunno why I ain't getting falling NPC's myself!?

"Dieses Video enthält Content von EMI. Es ist in deinem Land nicht verfügbar."

"This video contains content from EMI. It is not available in your country"

:crybaby:

BTT: I tried savegames from three different characters. With two of them no raining men. With the third one person dropped down from the sky.

Meanwhile I started a completely new character. (Veeery hard in Shardville with Level 1 - I keep dying, but I keep trying).

Edited by Tamira

Whow. How come that video ain't visible in Germany? It's just Geri Halliwell's old nineties classic. It's old like the Great Wall of China.

The Falling Men is a save-game issue for some reason. I will still be investigating it by saving my own saved games longer and comparing them to what happens. i still think there's something with cell 0,0 that I haven't discovered. In common cases a clean save seems to sort the problem.

It does, Prettyfly. Seeing it in action is rather cool too, actually.

Thanks, InsanitySorrow. I googled the bug and found a tutorial describing that same procedure. However, I've already incorporated the missing tails into my mod's lore. All Beastfolk are required by law to hide their tails since they may cause offense to some citizens. Khajiits and Argonians are also forbidden to visit certain shops and pubs and so. It's like apartheid.

It does, Prettyfly. Seeing it in action is rather cool too, actually.

Thanks, InsanitySorrow. I googled the bug and found a tutorial describing that same procedure. However, I've already incorporated the missing tails into my mod's lore. All Beastfolk are required by law to hide their tails since they may cause offense to some citizens. Khajiits and Argonians are also forbidden to visit certain shops and pubs and so. It's like apartheid.

And now that you know how to fix it, this is just BEGGING for a good quest to get rid of such an unnecessary and prejudiced law.

:bagged:

Oh yes. I've already set the foundations for that quest. There are two political parties on the island, the traditionalists and the reformists, and both are trying to convince the Count to sign new laws their way; either to abolish the hatred with emancipation of the beastfolk or indeed strengthen the hate-laws. Luckily, the new Count is an educated man and is leaning towards emancipation. The player's task will be to tip him over and sign the documents for that, maybe by discovering some dark secrets about the traditionalist party's plans for a coup d'etat or something similar. It will be a fun quest to write too.

Well - in the past hour I tried again and again loading many different clean savegames with several different characters. Surprisingly I could not reproduce the crowds of raining people with my first char, although I encountered this bug already with version 09 and yesterday again (with a clean save) with version 10. I only could reproduce the falling of the single man (Guard Levius) with a different char. As you yourself encountered this problem already you know that I did not make this up. I suppose it is the devil in the game engine that causes things like this.