DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPz] The Dark Spire

Rowan

Coverpage.jpg

An excerpt from the Architects Journal:

19, Sun’s Height

The tower exudes an almost palpable presence as it looms over us. The air is charged with speculation and each of us seems to have projected our own hopes and desires upon this unexplained monument. We grow increasingly restless as we sail nearer and nearer in the Cloud Chaser. We play games and tinker with our hobby projects to pass the time but I know that no one can keep their minds off the tower. We’ve named the tower the Spire, the Dark Spire.

What is The Dark Spire?

The Dark Spire is an epic quest mod that will pull the player into a steampunk movie-like adventure full of fascinating locations and striking characters. Journey to an alien plane first explored by the ancient Dwemer and experience the obsession that drove them mad. Pick up their tools where they dropped them and continue their story. Your success or failure decides the fate of no less than all creation.

Conceptually, The Dark Spire is a gourmet concoction of the Myst games, The Dark Tower books by Stephen King, and Diamond Dogs by Alastair Reynolds, infused with a healthy flavor of steampunk culture and anime influences, and then blended seamlessly into the Elder Scrolls universe.

Concept Art

Through numerous internet searches I have procured a rather large collection of concept art. I've included an assortment of pictures from a wide range of sources. This collection is not meant to be definitive of the mod, but rather provide a general idea of what I have envisioned. Note the spoiler boxes. They are there for your convenience only, there are no real spoilers here.

The Tower Itself:

towerflat.jpg

Landscape:

e8f4ae1bf71d8f3459e442599ee87018.jpg

Redspires-1.jpg

redsand.jpg

mars__2580_by_shardanas.jpg

plantorbs.jpg

pipes.jpg

Characters:

Cyborgangle.jpg

Angel_by_VampirManiak69.jpg

beauty_and_the_beast_by_marina_b-d2xplgu.jpg

mashface.jpg

hellhound.jpg

Technology:

sparm03.jpg

sci-fi-digital01.jpg

AIRSHIP_by_differentiation.png

Progress so Far

This project is still in the planning stages, but in that respect, much progress has been made indeed. I have written all of the journal entries, written the in-game books, and planned out the majority of locations.

Assets

Here is a Dwemer steampunk sword that ResolveThatChord started for me. Many thanks!

TheSwordRender.png

Acknowledgments:

Bethesda, and all artists and authors involved in creating the Elder Scrolls universe

Stephen King and also the Creators of Myst

Phitt and the Sheogorad team

Artists and Uploaders of concept art

ResolveThatChord

WhoGuru

DarkRider

Alizarin Crimson

The Architect

Future Team Members!

And to all others who have supported this project, I thank you.

Edited by Rowan

After I posted that teaser, I've been getting all kinds of random friend requests on youtube. Do I know any of those folks? O.o PM me if you sent a friend request, I don't usually friend peeps I don't know.

Edited by Rowan