DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

CS Error Messages

UmTheMuse

I've been getting error messages every once in awhile in every session from the CS. So far, I haven't seen any issues arising from them, so I've mostly just ignored them. But I thought that maybe, just maybe, somebody who knows more about the CS than I will tell me that I've only got 3 more days to live or something.

The most common one says something about the Model loader still having Nif files. It doesn't seem to follow any pattern in which files it still has in the loader, though.

The more consistent error message has something to do with oars. I can't remember exactly what it says, but it has something to do with them being old rigid bodies (like a corpse!).

The third is that the CS has thrown a fit whenever it comes time to do an auto-save. I've hopefully fixed that problem (it said that the file path was bad, so I created a backup folder in the data folder to finish the path), but I just wanted to be sure.

EDIT: Uh-oh, something bad happened. Now, when I load the game, my character moves in slo-mo. This doesn't affect NPC's at all, and I can still jump and turn around at normal speeds, but moving in any direction is next to impossible.

Edited by UmTheMuse

All harmless errors. I was under the impression auto-save didn't work and read advise not to use it. It's safer to get in the habit of hitting the little save disk icon every so often.

Also, you could try the Construction Set Extender and get rid of those error messages forever. :yes:

"Oars" ???? Are you using the Crow's Nest cottage in Anvil by any chance? What the message means is that the original oars has been changed. Presumably from a mod that altered the original. Nothing to be concerned about, I'd think.

IIRC the oar and the scythe have bum meshes, but it's developer garbage, not caused by a mod or your use of the item. Don't worry about it. The model loader is another one you just say yes to all and ignore. As for autosave, sounds like your PC is not up to the task, turn it off, and start making a habit of saving frequently using ctrl+s :thumbup:

None of the errors you reported would effect your PC in game, something else is wrong there. :idea:

@Hanaisse:

Construction Set Extender, huh? Sounds promising, but I've read that I should hold off on things like using the OBSE's additional commands until I've got a handle on the basics, first. Would you agree?

I was afraid to load up the CS until I got this resolved, :nuke: . I'll try the esp reboot thingy soon, hopefully that'll teach that rascally varmint. As for the question of whether or not I'm sure if I had it on run, yes, there'd be no question if you could see what I see. It literally takes about a minute to take a couple of steps and it's got the running animation going, anyway. At first, I thought it was because I was slipping down a slope, y'know, when you can't move on your own? Then I made it to the bottom (thankfully, I was most of the way down, already) and I knew it was more serious than that. Teleported myself, but that didn't fix anything :shrug:

@DarkRider: I've got an awesome PC, atm. It's not mine, but for as long as I've got access to it, I'm gonna use it every chance I get :lmao: It's one of the best on the market right now; it has no problem with running Oblivion, two copies of the CS and IE simultaneously and without lag. OTOH, I think I've got that error fixed. I haven't tried loading it, though, so I just wanted to make sure that it works OK. If it's not safe to use, I'll just turn it off, no biggie. I save fairly regurlarly, anyway. I just like feeling safe :paladin:

As for the bum oar meshes, I thought as much. Glad I double checked, though. Thanks for setting my mind at ease :buddy:

Update: I just tried resetting the mod, and everything seems to be running just fine now :clap: I'd kinda like to know what had gone wrong in the first place, but so long as it doesn't come up again, I'm ok with not knowing.

Edited by UmTheMuse

@Hanaisse:

Construction Set Extender, huh? Sounds promising, but I've read that I should hold off on things like using the OBSE's additional commands until I've got a handle on the basics, first. Would you agree?

That's the beauty of the CSE, while yes it does use OBSE to run, that doesn't mean you have to use OBSE while working in it. It's there for script support if you want it, but doesn't rely on it. I've not used that part yet, I just like the stability that comes with it while puttering away on a mod. And any error messages you do get actually have meaning.

Update: I just tried resetting the mod, and everything seems to be running just fine now :clap: I'd kinda like to know what had gone wrong in the first place, but so long as it doesn't come up again, I'm ok with not knowing.

Odd. You should open up the mod in TES4Edit and see if it's randomly added something it shouldn't have and clean it. But glad to hear it's sorted. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've been getting error messages every once in awhile in every session from the CS. So far, I haven't seen any issues arising from them, so I've mostly just ignored them. But I thought that maybe, just maybe, somebody who knows more about the CS than I will tell me that I've only got 3 more days to live or something.

The most common one says something about the Model loader still having Nif files. It doesn't seem to follow any pattern in which files it still has in the loader, though.

The more consistent error message has something to do with oars. I can't remember exactly what it says, but it has something to do with them being old rigid bodies (like a corpse!).

The third is that the CS has thrown a fit whenever it comes time to do an auto-save. I've hopefully fixed that problem (it said that the file path was bad, so I created a backup folder in the data folder to finish the path), but I just wanted to be sure.

EDIT: Uh-oh, something bad happened. Now, when I load the game, my character moves in slo-mo. This doesn't affect NPC's at all, and I can still jump and turn around at normal speeds, but moving in any direction is next to impossible.

This happened to me too. When your mod is active, sometimes things get inadvertently changed in other cells that you happen to glance into - or possibly in trying (unsuccessfully in my case) to duplicate things - you can have a lot of stuff floating around in your interior and world space that you never meant to have. You can check the items list for both your interior and world space and if you see something that shouldn't be there (that you didn't place, (or say ... 4 farmhouses) ... (urg!) you have to click on that item to bring it up in the render screen and delete it there, not on the list.

If that doesn't solve your problem, download TES4Edit and let it show you where you have issues. There is an excellent tutorial on its use in the CS WIKI. I had to clean my tutorial house mod (and don't make the mistake I did and remove references to deleted items in it - you'll have to delete them all over again like I did, lol).

Another thing that will help a lot is to put this tutorial house at the bottom of your load order in the OBMM if you use it. The cleaning in TES4Edit helps it tremendously, I was shocked at how I created 6 duplicates of J'Ghasta's basement when all I was doing was trying to copy pieces of his stuff. I'll bet he had trouble walking around in there too.

Edited by mALX

I am getting an error message on closing the CS "WARNING! Shader 1 is leaking. There are 2 references to it on shutdown." I am getting the same warning for shader 26 as well. Then the CS CTD. Any suggestion what this might be caused by?

Also, I am getting a nessage that an ported bathtub is missing its furniture marker, yet I see no menu selection for me to add a marker. :unsure:

Shader warnings are harmless. I wouldn't worry about the bathtub either. If you want to fix it, find it in the objects window, edit it and add one. It may have purposely been created without one.

I might sound like a broken record here but the CS Extender will remove all those annoying non-issue warnings and only report the real ones. And it won't crash on exit. :)